Booster news for the week:
· This week is homecoming, so there are festivities planned for the next three evenings. Tonight is the parade and bon fire @ the old school; Friday is the game against Talawanda; and Saturday evening is the dance. Come out and enjoy the fun!
· We are in need of concession stand workers this Friday evening. If you can spare 30 minutes before or during the game, please contact Anita Williams @ 539-6606. It's going to be a busy night with homecoming, and we need your help.
· The school is hosting the District Volleyball tournament beginning next week, and volunteers are needed for the indoor concession stand. All adults are welcome to volunteer - parents, alumni, interested community members, fans of all sorts. Call Anita if you can spare some time. Remember, the proceeds help support the student athletes. Dates & times:
1. Saturday, October 15th 10-7
2. Tuesday, October 18th 5-9
3. Thursday, October 20th 5-9
4. Saturday, October 22 10-7
· Southern Living and Dodge have combined to host 'Show Us Your School Spirit' sweepstakes, and the prize is $4,000 for the athletic department. You can enter online as many times as you like without purchasing a thing, and the school with the most entries wins. Deadline is December 31, so there's plenty of time to participate. The link to the site: http://www.southernliving.com/southern/events/05/dodge05_web/index.html I know there are a bazillion passionate Hornet fans & alumni - this is an easy way to help the student athletes, even from long-distance. Thanks to Janna Garver-Williams for sending the info to share with all of you.
· Check out today's Middletown Journal volleyball article on the front page of the sports section. It highlights the Girls team.
· Congrats to the following for their success on the pitch/field/course last week & this week: Girls soccer, Boys soccer, 9th grade football, and the Boys Cross Country team - who took 1st place @ the Madison Invitational! Individual runners:
1. David Miller turned in a 17:08 to WIN the race!
2. David Triick placed 19th
3. Sean Murphy placed 35th
4. Seth Wallace placed 39th
5. Darin Wells placed 85th
6. Laura Cain placed 5th in the Girls race.
· The Boosters have been asked to operate the Jumbo Poker game @ the Monroe Springfest event next May 19-20. This would be a great fundraiser for the Club. If we have enough volunteers, we will agree to participate. If you're interested in helping us out, contact one of the officers or email me back.
· Don't forget: Tailgating begins @ 5:30 Friday night. Bring warm food and warm clothes. Or, if you don't want to eat, just bring yourselves - it's a fun pre-game party!
If you have information you'd like to share with the Hornet Fans, just send it to me via this email address. And, please forward these updates to your family, friends and alumni. Help share the good news!