Sports news for the week :
- WOW! What an exciting game Saturday night! Beating Valley View boosted the football team's record to 12-1 (a new school record); and earned them the Division IV Region 16 championship and their first ever trip to the state semifinals. After the win the team was handed the well-deserved trophy, and they received a standing ovation from the thousands of fans who cheered them to victory. Congratulations!
- The team will face undefeated Coldwater (13-0) at 7:00 pm Saturday at Dayton's Perc Welcome Stadium. The winner will play for the state championship against the Bellaire-Youngstown Cardinal Mooney winner at 11:00 am on December 3rd @ Canton Fawcett Stadium.
- Tickets for Saturday's game can be purchased at the school Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday evening from 5:30-7:00 pm and Saturday morning from 9:00-11:00. The price for this game is $7.00.
- There is a community pep rally this Friday evening @ 6:30 in the school's gym. Come out to show your support to the team and coaching staff.
- If you can't attend Saturday's game, listen to WPFB on 910 - the middle of your dial. Jack Gordon will be calling the game.
- Highlights from the Booster meeting last week:
1. The Varsity M Club is scheduled to volunteer in the evenings at the 'Light Up Middletown' display at Smith Park from November 25-31. They will also be selling 50/50 tickets during the Boys Basketball team's home games. All proceeds will go towards a scholarship.
2. Matt Long has agreed to be the webmaster for the Booster's website: www.monroesports.org Thanks to Craig Hesson for hosting the site. Scores, schedules, minutes, & club documents will be posted on the site.
3. Dave Hughes provided an update on the Record Board project. Paper templates were hung last week to check the design, and slight modifications are being made this week. Look for the permanent display to be in the main hallway the first week of December.
4. Rocky Sebastion has agreed to lead the team that will work the Jumbo Poker booth on May 19-20 @ the Springfest event. If you're interested in working the booth during that weekend, contact Rocky. As May approaches, you'll be hearing more about this fundraiser.
5. The basketball software that the Booster Club purchased last year for the basketball program works, but not consistently. The software company is updating the software and will provide the improved version when available.
6. Members agreed to research successful Hall of Fame programs and come back to the December meeting to share processes. This is a project that will require a team leader and subteam composed of reps from a number of decades. If you're interested in working on this project, contact one of the officers. You'll hear more as details become available.
7. The winter sports season begins soon! The Girls Basketball team's first home game is Monday, November 28th; and the Boys basketball team's first home game is Tuesday, December 13th.
- Special thanks to the Booster volunteers who inflate The Hive at every home football game: Glen, Stu, Ted, Pat and Rob. We appreciate your dedication!
- Due to the holiday schedule, we moved the next Booster Club meeting up one week to Wednesday, December 14th @ 7:00. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!