Hornet Sports News for early August:
· The Booster Club will meet next Wednesday, August 16 @ 7:00 in the Media Center. Agenda items include helping develop a plan to recognize the 1986 Monroe Football team at the 9/22 home Football game; 2007 Hornet Day; and tailgating parties.
· Two teams have scheduled fundraisers for the next few weeks, so please consider supporting them:
1. Football is hosting its annual golf outing on Sunday, August 20th. It will be held at Shaker Run Golf Course @ 2:00 pm. If interested in participating, contact Jason Krause @ 312-6543.
2. The Girls Soccer team will once again wash cars, trucks and vans for donations on Saturday, August 19th. They'll be working from 8:00 - 3:00 at Chase Bank, across from the Ameristop store in Monroe. Any questions, contact Kristy @ 539-2986.
· Upcoming home scrimmages and competitions:
· Congrats to the Boys Soccer team for winning their bracket at the Ohio Cup tournament. They won 4 of their 5 games to take home the trophy. There first home game, against archrival Fenwick, is Tuesday, August 22nd.
· Booster Club sponsor Zimmer Tractor has donated an electric golf cart to the Booster Club! Zimmer representative Michael Gilmartin delivered the cart Wednesday. We thank Zimmer Tractor for their generous gift.
· If you have high school sports info to share with the Hornet Fans, please send the material to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Special thanks to Susan Farrish, Carol Kelley and Mary Routson-Griffin for assisting the photographers at the team photo shoot today.
Hawthorn Glen, located in the Monroe area, supports the student-athletes by purchasing an ad in the Booster Club's athletic program. We thank Hawthorn Glen for helping the student-athletes, teams and Booster Club reach their goals.
Hawthorn Glen supports our student-athletes, so let's support them J