Hornet Sports News for the week of 5/15/2006:
· Booster Club will meet Wednesday, May 24th at 7:00 in the Media Center instead of this Wednesday, May 17th.
· Sports highlights from the week:
1. Kudos to the Girls softball team for winning the Sectional Finals against Madison 2-0! Kelsey Hartford caught a line-drive deep to left field to stop Madison's push in the 5th inning. Jordan Eastham pitched the winner and had a two-run walk-off home run in the 7th. They will play the winner of Bethel-Tate / Reading in the district final this Friday @ 4:30 at Kettering Fairmont High School. They are now 19-4 overall.
2. The Baseball team finished their season 16-12 after losing to Carlisle 5-0 in the tournament. The baseball banquet will be May 24. Congrats to a winning season!
3. The MML Track & Field Championship meet was held Tuesday and Thursday at Monroe. This was the last competition for the MML league. FYI - next year the district will be part of the Southwest Buckeye League. The girls placed 9th, and the boys placed 8th. Those scoring team points:
· The Girls basketball team is hosting a team camp from 9-4 June 28-29. Cost for varsity teams is $200 with 5 games guaranteed. JV teams are guaranteed 4 games at $160. Officials will be present, and t-shirts are included. Call 539-8111 or 539-9470 with Q&A.
· A developmental basketball camp for girls in grades 2-6 will be held from 8:30-10:00 am June 5-9 @ Monroe High School. T-shirts, game competition and refreshments will be included. Call 539-8111 or 539-9470 with Q&A.
· Thanks to the volunteers who helped with the concession stand during the 2-day track & field championship meet: Julie Stickelman, Melissa Miller, Becky Daniel, Rhonda Miller, Craig Miller, Debbie Brookshire, Rachel Brookshire, Ryan Leahy, Jane Majors, Rachel Williams and Anita Williams. We appreciate their time and effort to support the student-athletes J
By purchasing an ad in the Booster Club's athletic program, local restaurant 'The Red Onion' is supporting Monroe's student-athletes. We thank The Red Onion for helping the athletes and teams reach their goals and for supporting the Booster Club.
The Red Onion supports our student-athletes, so let's support them J