Hornet Sports News from recent weeks:
· Highlights from the May 24 Annual Booster Club meeting:
1. The new Patron form was approved and has since been emailed to the Booster patrons and Hornet fans. The 1st seventy-five Hornet Patrons will receive a football parking pass. It's a long walk to the stadium, so send your form in today! Also, if you like to tailgate before the games, think about being a $75 Hornet Patron. Contact Mary Routson-Griffin with any Q&A.
2. Now that Monroe hosts track meets, the schedule for concession stand volunteers will be expanded to include these meets.
3. The Administration is working on guidelines for purchasing stadium seats. Look for more info in the near future. Plans are in the works to communicate them using a number of vehicles, including the school website.
4. The financial books will be audited over the summer months.
5. Elections were held for the 2006-2007 officers:
a. Treasurer Anita Williams
b. Secretary Pat Harrington
c. Vice President Scott Triick
d. President Ann Hinkle
· A special thanks to Pam and Rob Kilburn for their many years of service to the Booster Club and student-athletes. Pam attended her last meeting as an officer, but both Rob and Pam will continue on as active members. We appreciate the many hours they've given over the years J
· Last highlights of the 2006 Spring season:
1. Josh Herron placed 4th @ the Division II Regional track meet in the long jump ( 21'5 ¾ ").
2. David Miller placed 9th in the 3,200 with a time of 10:25.91.
3. Braden McMonigle placed 6th in the high jump (6'2").
Congratulations to all!
· The next Booster Meeting will be Wednesday, June 21 @ 7:00 in the Media Center.
US Bank supports the student-athletes by purchasing an ad in the Booster Club's athletic program. We thank US Bank for helping the student-athletes, teams and Booster Club reach their goals.
US Bank supports our student-athletes, so let's support them J
The mission of the Monroe Athletic Booster Club (MABC) is to facilitate and promote the activities of the Monroe High School's sports programs. MABC will work with the coaches and administration to support the athletic program by providing funding, boosting attendance, building morale and providing an enjoyable healthy environment for the student athletes. MABC will be responsible for raising funds required to meet the club's objectives.