Hornet Fan News:
¨ The Swim team participated in the Bellbrook Invitational last weekend, and two swimmers placed in 3 events:
1. Megan Kennedy placed 3rd in the 100 breastroke and 6th in the 50 freestyle. Kudos to Megan for breaking the school breastroke record! She swam the race in 1:25.5, shattering the old record by almost 0.8 seconds - that's an impressive feat. Maria Pridemore held the previous record, 1:26.26, posted in 1993.
2. Jordan Milton placed 12th in the 100 freestyle.
¨ The Girls basketball team beat Stebbins and Talawanda this past week but lost to Waynesville Saturday night in a very close game.
¨ The Boys basketball team beat Waynesville with a buzzer basket! It was their first game of the season, and it was a doozy. They played Talawanda this week and came up a bit short. Friday night is their first home game, and the opponent is Fenwick - one of Monroe's biggest rivalries. Freshman begin @ 4:30, JV at 6:00, and Varsity at 7:30.
¨ Upcoming competitions:
1. Girls basketball Tuesday, Dec 27 Home Ross Freshmen 4:30
2. Boys basketball Tuesday, Jan 3 Home Franklin Freshman 4:30
3. Varsity Wrestling Wednesday, Jan 4 Home Finneytown/Fenwick
4. Swimming Saturday, Jan 7 1:30 Wayne Invitational
Always check this website for cancellations: www.highschoolsports.net <http://www.highschoolsports.net>
¨ Congratulations to the following for their football honors:
1. 2005 All-Journal Team:
· Coach Krause: Coach of the Year
· Tad Kilburn: Defensive Player of the Year
2. 2005 All-League Team:
· First Team: Jared Ferguson , Pat Harrington, Nate Helsley, Josh Herron, Tad Kilburn, Michael Majors, Shae Michael, & Tyler Osterman
· Second Team: Matt Cantrell, Ryan Craycraft, Justin Hall, Brandon Herron, Dennis Majors, Braden McMonigle, Adam Osterman & Nick Williams
· Honorable Mention: Matt Sabo
3. 2005 Enquirer Team:
· Michael Majors was named Defensive Player of the Year for Division 4 and was honored as 1st team linebacker for Divisions 2-6.
· Tad Kilburn was selected as the first team punter for Divisions 2-6.
¨ The Varsity M Club will be selling 50/50 tickets at all Boys basketball home games. Please support the club by purchasing a few tickets J
¨ Tina Davidson is working with the district to build a brick wall to showcase the Victory Bell. Chuck Soule has offered to design and construct it, and Denny & Anita Williams are making a donation for the brick.