The mission of the Monroe Athletic Booster Club (MABC) is to facilitate and promote the activities of the Monroe High School's sports programs. MABC will work with the coaches and administration to support the athletic program by providing funds, boosting attendance, building morale and providing an enjoyable healthy environment for the student-athletes. MABC will be responsible for raising funds required to meet the club's objectives.
· Friday night is going to be FUN! The home football game against Madison is the Skyline Chili game, so Brad Johansson and Channel 12 will be on site! Chili-dogs will be sold for $1.00 and proceeds will go back to the Monroe teams working the stand. And, KISS 107 will be on site as well for the halftime Football Toss. Someone will be selected to throw 9 footballs through the hoop in 20 seconds. The prize is $10,000 for the participant and $5,000 for the school! To enter the contest, instructions will be given during the first half on how / what to text to a specific number. Keep your ears open J Here’s the schedule for the evening:
5:30 Student teams compete in the Chili Obstacle Course
6:45 Pee Wee teams are introduced to the spectators
7:00 Channel 12 airs pre-game festivities
Halftime KISS 107 Football Toss
11:00 pm Channel 12 airs highlights
· Highlights from the Athletic Booster Club meeting:
- Members agreed to donate 1) $175 to the Cross Country program for food and water for the team after the remaining 7 meets; and 2) $240 to the Hall of Fame Committee for payment of the HOF plaques.
- The 2007-2008 scholar athletes will be recognized during the October 17 home football game.
- The 1968 & 1973 Monroe alumni will be attending the homecoming game October 10 against Dixie
- The Touchdown Club is raffling Wendy’s game balls during each home game. Also, the club will be hosting a Texas Holdem tournament this winter. Contact Terry Marshall if you’re interested in helping.
- Monroe will be hosting a 'Sectional final' Soccer game on both October 20 and 21. One game will be the DI Boys final.
- Thanks to Art teacher / Yearbook advisor Mrs. Mueller for painting the Hornet logo on the softball and baseball dugouts!
- Thanks to Brian Perkins and his crew for hanging the Hornet banners along Hornet Drive. And, thanks to the city for loaning the banners to the district!
- The baseball field is now the only Butler County field with water from backstop to fence line. 114 sprinklers have been installed; the field was cut /reseeded; the pitcher’s mound has new clay; and the field will be fertilized 4 times / year. This spring, we will hear ‘Play Ball’ on the field!
- The front covers of the sports programs that will be sold this Friday night will have the football team or the band / cheerleaders on them.
- The Athletic Booster Club donated the funds to replace the district sign at the corner of Route 63 and Main Street. Baker Concrete has donated the footer, and Snyder has donated the base - we appreciate their kindness! Look for Chuck and Greg to complete the sign soon!
· Spirit Shop is online: www.hornethallway.com J
· WPFB’s Coaches Corner Radio Show is held every Wednesday evening @ Wings & Rings Restaurant. The program begins @ 6:30 with football films, then Jack Gordon interviews Coach Meibers and another coach from 7:00 - 8:00. Last night Volleyball Coach Lisa Shanklin and Senior Chelsea Stickelman were interviewed along with Coach Meibers and Senior Jason Osterman. The remaining schedule:
September 24 Football & Boys Soccer
October 1 Football & Girls Soccer
October 8 Football & Cross Country
October 15 Football & Cheerleading
October 22 Football & Trainers
Consider spending Wednesday evening supporting the student-athletes and sports programs by having a bite to eat at the local eatery and listening to the coaches talk about their seasons.
· Request from Coach Jennifer Burnside: Please come to Waynesville Tuesday to 'Jam the Stands' and take away their home field advantage. The varsity game starts @ 7:30. Last year the Monroe fans made the difference, so come out to support the Girls Soccer team this year and make some noise!
· Team News:
1. Football (0-4):
· The team went into the half leading Bellbrook 14-7, but ended the game with a loss - 14-24. Stats: Jason Osterman - interception, 31 yard TD; Ben Leahy - 1 yd TD.
2. Girls Soccer (team record: 8-1):
· Defeated Dixie 10-0. Goals: Maggie Hinkle (hat trick); Megan Sprague (2); Carley Williams (2); MacKenzie Sullivan (2); and Cassie Hendrickson (1). Assists: Hinkle (2), Williams (2) & Courtney True (1). Regan Taulbee recorded the shutout.
3. Volleyball (1-8)
· Lost to West Carrollton 0-3: 22-25, 7-25, 15-25. Kaitlynn Nall - 6 kills, 3 aces, 2 digs, 1 block.
4. Golf (10-4):
· Defeated Dayton Christian 173-194 @ Madden Golf Course. Brandon Stanton - medalist with a 39; Kyle Howard - 43; Logan Rutter - 44.
· In the news:
- Senior Jeremy Campbell: "In every practice, and after every down of a game, I'm trying to motivate people. This team has a lot of first-time starters, and I want them to know that they should not take anything for granted." "I take every play like it's my last, because it just might be. I have a lot of pride and spirit for my team. I kind of picked up that tradition and have followed it ever since I started playing."
- Coach Meibers: "The kids played hard all game long and once again we got bit by the turnover bug in a very untimely fashion and obviously it hurt us. On all sides of the ball we have to keep practicing and just continue to get better. We just have to keep going and try to improve.”
- Coach Meibers: "They made adjustments and we had some drives that stalled out on us. They executed and we didn’t, that’s what it comes down to. We have to eliminate the turnovers and all the small things.”
· Special thanks to Scott Burnside, Matt Long and Rocky Sebastion for selling 50 -50 tics
· Upcoming Home Varsity Competitions:
1. 9/19 Football Madison 7:30
2. 9/20 Boys Soccer Glen Este 1:00
3. 9/23 Boys Soccer Waynesville 7:30
4. 9/24 Tennis Milton Union 4:30
5. 9/25 Girls Soccer Northridge 7:30
Volleyball Northridge 5:30
5. 9/26 Football @ Carlisle 7:30
Thanks to Karen & Russ Hein for their continued support of the student-athletes and Athletic Booster Club!!
Pleasant Hill Golf Club supports the student-athletes by purchasing an ad in the Booster Club’s athletic program. We thank Pleasant Hill Golf Club for helping the student-athletes, teams and Booster Club reach their goals. Pleasant Hill Golf Club supports our student-athletes, so let’s support him J
The Athletic Booster Club’s website: www.monroesports.org