1. Below are highlights from this week's Booster meeting:
∑ The club's most profitable fundraiser is selling advertisements for the athletic program. After covering printing, profit to date is $10,188.84. Additional monies from this fundraiser will be deposited by the end of this week.
∑ Net concession income to date from this Fall season is $2,590.36
∑ The Record Board project is nearing completion. The subteam is meeting Monday evening to finalize the boards. Paper templates and solid board templates will be created before the final custom designed boards are approved and built. Turnaround time will be no longer than 2 weeks. Community members have called with a few record updates; and knowing that better swimming records for the boys existed during the 1980's, one team member spent hours at the library this past week reviewing newspaper articles. His time was well spent! Coaches provided input on what records should be displayed. There will be six large boards and two small ones, and they will be displayed in the main hallway by the entrance to the gym. Thanks to Dave Hughes for spearheading this effort :-)
∑ We've agreed to create a Mission Statement and a tag line for the club so everyone understands the club's role. This is a start:
"The mission of the Monroe Athletic Booster Club is to facilitate and promote the activities of Monroe High Schoolís sports programs. The Booster Club will work with the coaches and administration to help identify specific needs of the myriad athletic programs and provide monies for team requests. The Booster Club will also work to build school spirit, boost attendance, and provide an enjoyable healthy environment for the student athletes.'
Draft tag line: "... working hard to support the student athletes of Monroe Junior / Senior High School."
Both statements will bring clarity to the function of the club. Please send your comments and suggestions back to email@example.com.
2. It appears there may be 5,000 fans attending tonight's football game! Both Monroe and Greenville teams are 4-0, so the stakes are high all around. Good luck to the team in their quest for a great win tonight!
3. Congratulations to the following teams for their wins this past week: Girls soccer, Boys soccer, Freshman football, 8th grade football & 7th grade football.
4. Homecoming is fast approaching: Friday, October 7 against Talawanda. There are a host of activities planned, but here are just a few: Monday (10/3) is the Powder Puff game and Staff Flag Football game; Thursday night is the parade and bon fire at the old high school; Friday night is the game; and Saturday night is the dance.
5. October 13 is Senior Night for the Girls soccer team. The opposition is Waynesville. The team's staff has challenged all 39 girls to 'Jam the Stands' with family, friends, neighbors and community supporters. Mark your calendars, and come support the girls.
6. The Boys soccer team won the Bob Bryant Trophy this past Monday with their win against Edgewood: 8-1. As many of you know, Bob was a major proponent of soccer in the local community. The annual Monroe vs. Edgewood match is one of the highlights of the season and a tribute to Bob's legacy.
Feel free to forward this update to family, friends and Monroe alumni. This is a speedy way to spread the student athletesí good news around the country.