Follow Main Street Monroe: Facebook Google+ Twitter

 
Three Perish in Monroe Home Fire Jan 9th, 2000
Wednesday, January 10, 2001 12:00:00 AM - Monroe Ohio

Three people perished in a blaze at 174 Lindy Avenue.  Firefighters responded early Saturday morning to the home finding smoke escaping from it. the blaze was easily extinguished within 30 minutes.  They found the victims using the department‘s thermal imaging camera.  Two were found in the bathroom and one was found in the bedroom of the ranch home.  All three victims died of carbon monoxide poisoning from smoke inhalation.  Matt Langdon, 52 of Hamilton, and June Reck, 43 of Middletown, were found in a bathtub with the water running, and the bathroom had a widow.  Preliminary results indicate that the victims had alcohol in their systems.  They could also have become disoriented by smoke inhalation, county coroner Burkhardt said.  The cause of the fire ahas not yet been determined, and a report is expected by Wednesday.  The fire started in the basement and spread from there, causing damage to it and a bedroom and smoke damage throughout the house.  Damage to the house was estimated at $30,000.    

Update: Firefighters have concluded that the fire was started by a smoldering cigarette.









 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The Voice | Weather | Advertisers | Advertising Information | Lending Library | Monroe Church Directory

Archived Monroe News From: 1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012

Website Design © Xponex Web and Media Services | Contact | Terms of Use | Copyright ©2017 MainStreetMonroe.com