Main Street Monroe | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Political
 Political Voices
 Is the MSM Starting A Race War for Obama?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  12:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Obama needs a race war to get re-elected and with a lot of help from the MSM, he is getting one. “If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon,” Obama said in his first comments about the shooting, acknowledging the racial element in the case. Now we’ve got the President influencing public opinion, before the facts are in.

Full post: http://mediaabsurdity.com/2012/03/27/is-the-msm-starting-a-race-war-for-obama/

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby

mom4kids

USA
322 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  12:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Send mom4kids an AOL message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Race wars, no more birth control, old people off cliffs instead of paying medical costs, stripping union power . . . give the people credit. Looks like a sound campaign strategy to me.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Steele

2019 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  1:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Matt_Steele an AOL message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

oh my god, are we serious about this? C'mon John, this is absurd.

Go to Top of Page

Doc
Advanced Member

USA
10310 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  1:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

You included the following passage in your blog:
"What is at the heart of this story is “irresponsible journalism”

I would say that your headline is tantamount to the very thing that you're railing against. This article has absolutely nothing to do with a coordinated effort on the part of the main stream media to start a "race war" to help re-elect President Obama. It has MUCH more to do with them media pandering to the lowest common denominator that breeds salacious commentary and helps to sell newspapers and web ads (which I am obviously helping you to do here.)

If you're going to play the race card; at least play it with facts and not loosely associated half-truths.

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Steele

2019 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  1:08:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Matt_Steele an AOL message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Doc[/i]
[br]You included the following passage in your blog:

I would say that your headline is tantamount to the very thing that you're railing against. This article has absolutely nothing to do with a coordinated effort on the part of the main stream media to start a "race war" to help re-elect President Obama. It has MUCH more to do with them media pandering to the lowest common denominator that breeds salacious commentary and helps to sell newspapers and web ads (which I am obviously helping you to do here.)

If you're going to play the race card; at least play it with facts and not loosely associated half-truths.

exactly what he said
Go to Top of Page

vegasmayor

665 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  1:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I would love to see a study done on how many conspiracy theories have ever truly been proven right. With facts.

Nevermind, gotta run. I hear the sky is falling.
Go to Top of Page

Keith50

278 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  1:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

About the dumbest thing I have read.
Go to Top of Page

dad0f3

590 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  2:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

No, but I do think the coverage has been very poor and irresponsible up to this point.
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  2:36:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]You included the following passage in your blog:

Which part of my Opinion Piece, do you disagree with exactly. Cut a paste a sentence you disagree with and state why.

It's comments like yours that make me worry that council is leaning a bit too far to the left.

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  2:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Funny how the left comes out to attack right away.

You guys call the media fair (except Fox) even when facts such as Facebook images and words are out there for all to see and read. He was not the 12 year old boy in the pic the media used. He was 6'2" and over 200 pounds.

This guy was punched in the face which knocked him to the ground. Then your little hero bashed his head in the ground. He defended himself as witnesses all concurred.

Jackson, Sharpton and the MSM all have it right. No Obama doesn't have the MSM in his pocket.

You just keep telling everyone that. Maybe your hero Obama will get reelected.

Go to Top of Page

Doc
Advanced Member

USA
10310 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  2:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

JB: "Is the MSM Starting A Race War for Obama?"
Doc: This is a salacious headline that has absolutely nothing to do with the opinion piece nor do you ever make any connection between any media "plans" and the President.

JB: "Obama needs a race war to get re-elected"
Doc: That's the most incredibly inaccurate things I've read from you in quite a while. Even without any campaigning, the President is as much as 12% ahead of any Republican candidate (source: http://theamericanaudacity.blogspot.com/2012/03/updated-polls-2012-presidential.html#!/2012/03/updated-polls-2012-presidential.html ) Once he hits the campaign trail and starts debating the Republican candidate, I think the gap is going to expand...especially if that candidate is Romney.

So to say he needs a "Race War" is ignorant at best. My guess is that the Republican party will use this as an excuse for when their guy loses.

It would take me all day to completely explain to you WHY this article is completely disagreeable to me but to say that I am helping lean council "too far left" because I disagree with something you've said is typical of your debate style...just because I don't assign to your ideal of a Conservative Republican doesn't automatically make me a Liberal Democrat. Life isn't black and white like that.

I look forward to the "Why are you attacking me?" comment.

Go to Top of Page

Doc
Advanced Member

USA
10310 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  2:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by John Beagle[/i]
[br]Funny how the left comes out to attack right away.
Damn. Beat me to the "attack" comment.
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  3:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

It's an opinion piece. If this isn't the way to start a race war over a lie, what is?

Obama will lose unless he can keep the country divided. A race war is exactly what he needs. This is not a fact, it is my opinion.

To say this isn't a race war is ignorant.

There are 21,400 results for Tayvon Race Wars in Google.

Here's one you should read from Wake Up Black America, Written by Tyrone

I believe when people think along the lines of race and emotion, they tend to think stupidly. People who form thoughts based on looking through the prism of race are more likely to form their opinions really based on emotion then by facts. When the New Black Panther Party injected themselves into the Trayvon Martin shooting incident, I knew nothing good could come from their involvement. These people are nothing more then very angry, militant black thugs. These are the same New Black Panthers who racially intimidated white voters at a Philadelphia voting precinct on election day in 2008.

http://wakeupblackamerica.blogspot.com/

A search of "Obama Race War" Returns 264,000,000 results.

Liberal Lynch Mob Fuels Obama’s Race War
When Barak Obama was elected, the liberal pundits hailed his presidency as a “landmark” and swooned at the thought of the “healing of the racial divide.” That was then. Now, three years into the Obama administration, the “post racial president” has already presided over the greatest escalation of racial disharmony since the 1950's.
http://www.redstate.com/cmndr45/2012/03/27/liberal-lynch-mob-fuels-obamas-race-war/

Go to Top of Page

dad0f3

590 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  3:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
Doc: That's the most incredibly inaccurate things I've read from you in quite a while. Even without any campaigning, the President is as much as 12% ahead of any Republican candidate (source: http://theamericanaudacity.blogspot.com/2012/03/updated-polls-2012-presidential.html#!/2012/03/updated-polls-2012-presidential.html ) Once he hits the campaign trail and starts debating the Republican candidate, I think the gap is going to expand...especially if that candidate is Romney.

So to say he needs a "Race War" is ignorant at best. My guess is that the Republican party will use this as an excuse for when their guy loses.

Since I'm picking up on your exhuberance over a potential Obama re-election, if you throw out Pew and Reuters, the average spread for Obama v. Romney is 2.33%. Bloomberg has them tied. Factor in the dismal economy and high unemployment, disastrous approval numbers, and rising gas prices (whether or not they're his fault), you have no good reason to be so confident of his re-election.
Go to Top of Page

Doc
Advanced Member

USA
10310 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  3:14:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]It's an opinion piece. If this isn't the way to start a race war over a lie, what is?

Obama will lose unless he can keep the country divided. A race war is exactly what he needs. This is not a fact, it is my opinion.
Ummm...No. It's not a "race war", John.
I WILL tell you what it is though; it's a nice effort to setup a spotlight on racial tensions to remind white America that they should be scared of anything and anyone that isn't as milk-toast as they are and swing their vote for the palest-skinned candidate in the race.

I'm guessing most Americans will see through this.

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Steele

2019 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  3:15:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Matt_Steele an AOL message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Oh my... suggesting that a race war is what Obama needs to win this election (or even the basic point about how they need a country divided to win) shows a pretty big lack of understanding about how elections in this country work and have worked in the past. I know we all get caught up in salient issues but study after study shows that they don't matter.

Second of all, this isn't really a race war even if some people want to make it that way. I mean Zimmerman is half hispanic! We only have his side of the story though too, since you know, the other guy is dead. So do we know that he got punched in the face first? No of course not.
Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  3:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Matt_Steele[/i]
[br]Oh my... suggesting that a race war is what Obama needs to win this election (or even the basic point about how they need a country divided to win) shows a pretty big lack of understanding about how elections in this country work and have worked in the past. I know we all get caught up in salient issues but study after study shows that they don't matter.

Second of all, this isn't really a race war even if some people want to make it that way. I mean Zimmerman is half hispanic! We only have his side of the story though too, since you know, the other guy is dead. So do we know that he got punched in the face first? No of course not.

Ding.
You only get one Ding, because you are half right. To say Obama doesn't want a divided electorate is laughable. That is, and has been his MOA from the beginning. He is without any question, the most divisive President in history.

Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Go to Top of Page

dad0f3

590 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  3:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
I WILL tell you what it is though; it's a nice effort to setup a spotlight on racial tensions to remind white America that they should be scared of anything and anyone that isn't as milk-toast as they are and swing their vote for the palest-skinned candidate in the race.
I'm guessing most Americans will see through this.

Really? This is really what you think this is about Doc? If so, your opinion is no better than John's...
Go to Top of Page

Doc
Advanced Member

USA
10310 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  3:22:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by dad0f3[/i]
Since I'm picking up on your exuberance over a potential Obama re-election...
Nope. I never said that.
The point I'm making here is that, given the last election as well as what's happening now, I'm thoroughly convinced that the Republican party is being run by out-of-touch dipsh!ts that have absolutely no grasp on what people actually care about.

Abortion, gay rights, same-sex marriage, repealing Obamacare with no solution to replace it with, hard-lined stances on foreign policy, massive deregulation, and the dismantling of the EPA are just a few talking-points that they've been throwing at us.

Sad, really. They have a great opportunity to talk about what's really important. Instead, we've spent a couple months discussing birth-control.

Go to Top of Page

Doc
Advanced Member

USA
10310 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  3:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
Really? This is really what you think this is about Doc? If so, your opinion is no better than John's...

Nah, not really. I'm just taking his rationale and turning it back on him. I think the whole thing's just ridiculous.
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  3:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]
quote:

Nah, not really. I'm just taking his rationale and turning it back on him. I think the whole thing's just ridiculous.

Doc, I think your opinion is ridiculous too. I say that will all the respect you have afforded me.

It must be nice to live in your world. Out here in the real world we have Jackson and Sharpton, the Black Panthers, we have the Rev. Wright, we have all kinds of racist people surrounding our president.

That concerns me.

But those things don't bother you. You just ignore them. In your world everything is beautiful.

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Steele

2019 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  3:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Matt_Steele an AOL message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by blueblood[/i]
[br]
quote:
[br]Oh my... suggesting that a race war is what Obama needs to win this election (or even the basic point about how they need a country divided to win) shows a pretty big lack of understanding about how elections in this country work and have worked in the past. I know we all get caught up in salient issues but study after study shows that they don't matter.

Ding.
You only get one Ding, because you are half right. To say Obama doesn't want a divided electorate is laughable. That is, and has been his MOA from the beginning. He is without any question, the most divisive President in history.

To me that doesn't matter, what matters if it was his strategy because dividing the electorate doesn't work as an election strategy. Can you name one President that purposefully tried to divide the electorate leading up to an election. It's quite possibly one of the dumbest strategies they could think up.

He may be extremely divisive but the point is that from an electoral and legislative point of view, that's a terrible strategy and I would argue that he doesn't want that (and no national politician would). Does he purposefully demonize some Republicans, yes, but that's not dividing the electorate. No President can win without the middle and the middle isn't fully liberal or conservative.
Go to Top of Page

dad0f3

590 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  3:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]
quote:
Since I'm picking up on your exuberance over a potential Obama re-election...
Nope. I never said that.
The point I'm making here is that, given the last election as well as what's happening now, I'm thoroughly convinced that the Republican party is being run by out-of-touch dipsh!ts that have absolutely no grasp on what people actually care about.

Abortion, gay rights, same-sex marriage, repealing Obamacare with no solution to replace it with, hard-lined stances on foreign policy, massive deregulation, and the dismantling of the EPA are just a few talking-points that they've been throwing at us.

Sad, really. They have a great opportunity to talk about what's really important. Instead, we've spent a couple months discussing birth-control.

I'm not going to go point by point, but let's just say I wouldn't assess things quite like you have. I think the media has tried their hardest to convince Americans that there's a legitimate news story with the whole birth control thing, but I think most people saw through the ridiculous fear mongering.

Go to Top of Page

Doc
Advanced Member

USA
10310 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  4:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
Doc, I think your opinion is ridiculous too. I say that will all the respect you have afforded me.

It must be nice to live in your world. Out here in the real world we have Jackson and Sharpton, the Black Panthers, we have the Rev. Wright, we have all kinds of racist people surrounding our president.

That concerns me.

But those things don't bother you. You just ignore them. In your world everything is beautiful.

To quote my favorite President: "Well, there you go again."

I've afforded your opinion piece the exact amount of respect it deserved in my opinion. The response I submitted was exacting in it's criticism of the spirit of your message.

"There you go again..." chastising me - for not seeing the people surrounding the President. Let me ask you this...When was the last time these people were at the White House? When was the last time that he reached out to them for their counsel? To say he's surrounding by them is a bit of a fallacy.

"There you go again" stretching something I stated and have somehow come to a conclusion that I ignore reality. I would contend that I see reality - just not the one that requires a tin foil hat and conspiracy theories.

"There you go again" dismissing my arguments with statements like 'In your world everything is beautiful.'...I don't see the world through rose-colored glasses; but then again, I don't smear dog-shiat on a nice pair from Lense Crafters either.
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  4:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

So now you have told us what you don't see.

What do you see Doc? You are like Sargent Schultz.

Go to Top of Page

Bretland

2880 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  4:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

even I'm not adding a comment to this thread.............

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those that don't."
Go to Top of Page

Doc
Advanced Member

USA
10310 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  4:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]So now you have told us what you don't see.

What do you see Doc? You are like Sargent Schultz.

Ummm...You spent half of a year gushing over THIS guy:

I rest my case.
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  4:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

The title says it all.

Go to Top of Page

vegasmayor

665 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  4:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]Funny how the left comes out to attack right away.

You guys call the media fair (except Fox) even when facts such as Facebook images and words are out there for all to see and read. He was not the 12 year old boy in the pic the media used. He was 6'2" and over 200 pounds.

This guy was punched in the face which knocked him to the ground. Then your little hero bashed his head in the ground. He defended himself as witnesses all concurred.

Jackson, Sharpton and the MSM all have it right. No Obama doesn't have the MSM in his pocket.

You just keep telling everyone that. Maybe your hero Obama will get reelected.

Who the heck is this "mainstream media" you keep talking about anyway? Is it simply ANY other network than Fox? The reason I find Fox absurd (along with other networks like MSNBC) is because THERE ARE ACTUAL FACTS AND STUDIES THAT SHOW THEM AS BEING ABSURD. NOT OPINION PIECES.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/11/21/fox-news-viewers-uninformed-npr-listeners-not-poll-suggests/

And I would agree with Matt that you are focusing only on one side of this story. You are doing EXACTLY what you are bashing the "mainstream media" of doing. You are buying into Mr. Zimmerman's story and know nothing of Mr. Martin's side. Why is that okay?

YOU are creating division. Using the race card when talking about the election, getting nervous because your council may be leaning to the left, etc. Black, white, left, right. It's all about division. And you are feeding that monster.
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  4:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

"And I would agree with Matt that you are focusing only on one side of this story. You are doing EXACTLY what you are bashing the "mainstream media" of doing."

No I'm just sharing photos and facts the MSM has provided. Did you not hear about the witness saying Trayvon attacked George? Where are your witnesses?

Police: Zimmerman story is 'consistent' with evidence in Trayvon Martin shooting

Published March 27, 2012
| Associated Press

A slain U.S. teenager and the neighborhood watch captain who shot and killed him exchanged words before the teen punched him in the nose and began banging the man's head on the ground, according to the watch captain's account of the confrontation that led to the shooting.
Because 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was black and George Zimmerman has a white father and Hispanic mother, the case has become a racial flashpoint that has civil rights leaders and others leading a series of protests around the country. Zimmerman said he shot Martin in self-defense and has not been arrested.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/27/police-zimmerman-story-is-consistent-with-evidence-in-trayvon-martin-shooting/#ixzz1qLyywgcq

Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  5:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

The Race War that the MSM started continues:

Police: Trayvon protesters ransack store
North Miami Beach Walgreens incident caught on video

North Miami Beach police said surveillance video shows dozens of high school students demonstrating in the Trayvon Martin case Friday ransacking a Walgreens store.

The incident occurred during a walkout from North Miami Beach Senior High School in support of Martin, 17, who was fatally shot in Sanford. Protesters have been calling for the arrest of George Zimmerman, 28, who has not been charged because he claimed self-defense in the shooting, according to police.

http://www.local10.com/news/Police-Trayvon-protesters-ransack-store/-/1717324/9719674/-/xctonpz/-/index.html

Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  5:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]Oh my... suggesting that a race war is what Obama needs to win this election (or even the basic point about how they need a country divided to win) shows a pretty big lack of understanding about how elections in this country work and have worked in the past.

Have you never heard of the strategy of Divide and rule?

In politics, divide and rule (derived from Latin: divide et impera) (also known as divide and conquer) is a combination of political, military and economic strategy of gaining and maintaining power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into chunks that individually have less power than the one implementing the strategy. The concept refers to a strategy that breaks up existing power structures and prevents smaller power groups from linking up.

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Steele

2019 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  9:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Matt_Steele an AOL message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Yes I have heard of that. Have you ever heard of that working in a democracy? Specifically an American democracy!? C'mon John, give me some proof!
Go to Top of Page

MoneyBags

490 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/27/2012 :  10:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

While were at it.

I'll throw some questions out there as you guys got me thinking.

#1 How does one determine the "divisiveness" of a president?

#2 After you're done quantifying it, how do you go about ranking it?

#3 What has Obama done to divide the country which makes him the most "divisive" in history?
Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/28/2012 :  07:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/obama-the-most-polarizing-president-ever/2012/01/29/gIQAmmkBbQ_blog.html
Obama: The most polarizing president. Ever.

This is the man who said that middle-American voters “cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment…,” who thumbed his nose at the Senate and made recess appointments when that body wasn’t actually in recess, who used underhanded tactics to buy passage of unconstitutional ObamaCare and who appointed avowed communists to office. He also essentially said that Latinos should view other Americans as enemies and imprudently took the side of black college professor Henry Louis Gates against white Cambridge police officers. In the same vein, when he could have stood up and shown that he really was President of all the people and enjoyed a political win-win situation in the process, he instead dropped a voting-rights case against Black Panthers who were brazenly intimidating white Philadelphia voters in 2008. He has bowed to Arab rulers, appoligized for everything good America has done around the world, hangs with America hating preachers and terrorist friends of whom were never vetted or the left having such character as not to matter, as well as rubber stamped by the mainstream networks whom elected him. Tax the rich strategy which is nothing but class warfare, accomplishing nothing, race baiting at every opportunity. An Attorney General who takes the side of illegal aliens and election fraud on all occasions. The list is so extensive one would need to write a book to cover them all.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2012/02/02/obama039s_divisive_presidency_272755.html

And the list goes on and on. Just Google Obama devisive president and you will get millions of articles and polls to read on why, that should keep you busy and satisfy the inquisitive nature of why he is the worst President in modern times and maybe ever!

Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Go to Top of Page

vegasmayor

665 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/28/2012 :  08:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

John: Where are your witnesses?
Me: Dead from a gunshot wound.

Me: PS, I'm not the attorney on this case. I don't have witnesses because I am not involved. I also won't rush to judgment because I wasn't there.

And now today we find out that the police investigating wanted to prosecute Mr. Zimmerman for manslaughter.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-investigator-wanted-charge-george-zimmerman-manslaughter/story?id=16011674#.T3MJDzEgdws
Go to Top of Page

vegasmayor

665 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/28/2012 :  09:01:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

"And the list goes on and on. Just Google Obama devisive president and you will get millions of articles and polls to read on why, that should keep you busy and satisfy the inquisitive nature of why he is the worst President in modern times and maybe ever!"

For fun I also Googled "bush divisive presdient" and this was the number of results: "About 2,970,000 results (0.15 seconds)"

So, by your logic blueblood, they are both guilty. And both the most divisive President ever?
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/28/2012 :  10:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]Yes I have heard of that. Have you ever heard of that working in a democracy? Specifically an American democracy!? C'mon John, give me some proof!

You need to read Steve Jobs' Biography by Walter Isaacson. Steve deployed that strategy with Apple. He divided Lisa and Macintosh teams and made them compete against each other. When his team won (Mac), he won.

Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/28/2012 :  12:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Addressing the Sanford, Fla., incident, black Muslim Minister Louis Farrakhan tweeted: “Where there is no justice, there will be no peace. Soon, and very soon, the law of retaliation may … be applied.”

Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/29/2012 :  10:55:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Go to Top of Page

office_lacky
Starting Member

9 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/29/2012 :  11:24:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

The fact of the matter is that the media isnt reporting the whole story. The MSM isnt talking about how Trayvon had assaulted Zimmerman, or about the eye-witness accounts of seeing Zimmerman being assaulted by Trayvon. You dont hear about the kind of life Trayvon was living (http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/was-trayvon-martin-a-drug-dealer) and how he was suspended most likely for attempting to assault a bus driver. Trayvon's Twitter account name is "No_Limit_Nigga" and he has his friends sending him pictures with gang signs. Its not hard to see that he is not what the MSM paints him as, which is a 12 year old, Hollister wearing, Skittle eating child who was killed in cold blood because he was black and because Zimmerman was a "white mexican" racist.

If it werent for things like Obama making a statement on the incident (which is totally uncalled for and I believe is in no position to comment, especially with a statement that basically translates as "Im black like Trayvon", Mr. President, kids are shot and killed in America daily), all the hoodie protests (which are 95% black), and the NBPP calling for Zimmerman's capture, then this probably wouldnt be an issue. But its causing racial tensions and division (even more so than we have seen in the past).

And this thread is a perfect example of what the MSM has stirred up because it DOESNT report all the facts. NO ONE HERE IS ADVOCATING WHAT ZIMMERMAN DID. No one is cheering him on saying "yea! you killed that *&^%*#!" But we cant just take what the media shows us and say it is fact (even with Fox news), if you do then you're being silly and uninformed. Do your own research, its the only way to avoid being deceived.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:
The Voice
NEW VOICE FORUM
Voter fraud may not actually happen...
A Night of Praise
Police Briefs 10/24
Pizza Hut Wing Street