The Voice
 Update-Monroe family involved in tragic accident
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

summerlover

3648 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/13/2008 :  09:08:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit summerlover's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

This is so sad.

Friday, June 13, 2008

A special fund has been established to help a Monroe family who lost their mother/wife in a tragic automobile accident on Interstate 75.

Donations for the Randy and Terri Rudd Relief Fund are being accepted at all Fifth Third Bank locations, a relative said Thursday, June 12.

Police are looking for Molly, the Rudd family's yellow Labrador that has been missing since an Interstate 75 wreck on Wednesday, June 11, that killed 40-year-old Terri Rudd of Monroe, and injured her husband and daughter.

The family was traveling on I-75 just north of Sharon Road about 1 p.m. Wednesday, June 11, when their 2008 Pontiac Torrent went out of control and flipped, ejecting Terri Rudd and her daughter, Chelsea, who just completed fifth grade.

Terri Rudd, 40, was pronounced dead shortly after the accident at Bethesda North Hospital. Randy Rudd, 43, and Chelsea Rudd were transported to area hospitals, where they are expected to recover, according to a relative.

"Randy and Chelsea are doing better," said Christopher Rudd of Dayton. "They both are doing good. Their conditions are improving. They're both going to make it through it."

Police are looking for witnesses to the crash, and continue to search for the family's dog, Molly, a yellow Labrador. The dog was in the vehicle at the time of the accident.

Citing privacy laws, University Hospital officials would not give a condition for Randy Rudd, who was transported there by medical helicopter after the accident. He was initially listed in critical condition as a patient in the intensive care unit, but family members said Thursday he is recovering.

Chelsea Rudd was listed in fair condition Thursday at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

Beadiful Moments...every moment is a gift.
www.Beadifulmoments.com

Tracy
Advanced Member

USA
8410 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/13/2008 :  09:25:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I saw this one the news yesterday. The family and friends will be in my prayers.

TRACY
Go to Top of Page

HBG
Advanced Member

USA
7054 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/13/2008 :  09:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Oh how awful. This is the first I've heard of this tragedy. They are all in my thoughts and prayers

My dad used to say, 'You wouldn't worry so much about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did.
Phil McGraw
Go to Top of Page

ADH

3706 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/13/2008 :  10:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I saw this in the news yesterday, also, but did not know they were from Monroe. The family has been and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Yesterday the husband was listed in critical condition with the daughter in stable condition (according to the news). It sounds like the husband is doing much better, which is great news. I was sad to think that the daughter may lose her father, also.

Note: The dog was seen going toward Evendale, if anyone knows anyone in that area.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Forum Admin

USA
357 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/13/2008 :  10:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

That is so sad. I saw the article in the paper yesterday.

God Bless the Rudd family.
Go to Top of Page

Whisper4

USA
4424 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/13/2008 :  12:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

My youngest is a friend of Chelsea, this really hit home. Our prayers are with them.
Go to Top of Page

Cncrnd Parent

USA
164 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/13/2008 :  12:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I just signed in to post this and some else already had. I had read about this earlier in the week and didn't realize at the time who was involved because they had not listed names. We received a call late last night letting us know about this and that it was Chelsea. My daughter is also friends with Chelsea. This is so sad to hear. If anyone hears anything new please update.

We wanted to go visit Chelsea but was told they are not permitting visitors yet.
Go to Top of Page

GMaof3Hornets

USA
299 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/15/2008 :  05:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Dog in fatal car crash reunited with family
Molly was found on I-75 median days after going missing in the accident that killed one of her owners.
By Ed Richter

Staff Writer

Sunday, June 15, 2008

SHARONVILLE A labrador was found Saturday morning, June 14, in some brush on an Interstate 75 median just south of the fatal accident that claimed the life of one of her owners a few days earlier.

Molly, a yellow labrador, who was in the vehicle at the time of the accident, was not found by rescue personnel at the time.

The dog is owned by Randy and Terri Rudd of Monroe, and their daughter Chelsea. Terri Rudd, 40, died as a result of the accident when she and her daughter were ejected from the 2008 Pontiac Torrent after it went out of control and rolled over on I-75 north of Sharon Road at about 1 p.m. Wednesday, June 11. Chelsea and Randy Rudd, 43, were taken to area hospitals, where they were admitted and are recovering from their injuries. Chelsea just completed the fifth grade.

According to Kathy Butler, a Sharonville police dispatcher, Molly was spotted about 9:30 a.m. Saturday and police were contacted. The dog was found near the highway in a median in some brush just south of the accident scene near Evendale.

Butler said Molly was "chipper" and ate a little but was not dehydrated. The dog was turned over to a relative later on Saturday.

Go to Top of Page

Lupa
Average Member

1042 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/15/2008 :  09:32:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Glad to hear she is back with her family.

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
Go to Top of Page

ADH

3706 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/16/2008 :  12:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Glad they found her!
Go to Top of Page

Cncrnd Parent

USA
164 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/16/2008 :  10:11:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Does anyone have any info about the funeral?
Go to Top of Page

summerlover

3648 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/16/2008 :  11:51:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit summerlover's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I have information regarding the funeral, please email me & I'll update you. I don't think it's appropriate to post publicly.

www.Beadifulmoments.com
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/16/2008 :  2:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I think it would be appropriate to post where to send flowers and gifts.

Pray for the Rudd family.

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby
Go to Top of Page

SeagalFan
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/17/2008 :  1:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

My daughter is best friends with the girl involved in the accident. I have not heard any updates in the last few days but will keep you updated on the condition of the family as I get word. I do know the daughter is an only child and was extremely close to her mom so this is going to be a very long road to recovery emotionally and physically for her. Thank god that her dad's life was spared and he's still with us.

As some of you have read in the paper, the family dog was found and has been reunited with them. What a miracle after this horrific accident.

Please continue to keep them in your prayers.
Go to Top of Page

summerlover

3648 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/18/2008 :  9:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit summerlover's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

RUDD, Terri Ann (Brewer) 40, of Monroe, passed away Wednesday, June 11, 2008, at Bethesda North Hospital from injuries sustained during a car accident in Sharonville. She was born in Campton, Kentucky on April 19, 1968 to parents Alvah "Joe" and Lorena (Miller) Brewer. Terri was a bus driver for Lakota Schools, most recently driving for St. Gabriel Consolidated in Glendale. She enjoyed vacationing in Tennessee and Kentucky. Terri loved her family and friends, all the children on her bus routes, and her dog, Molly and cat, Lilly. She is survived by her husband, Randy Rudd; daughter, Chelsea Renee Rudd; parents, Joe & Lorena Brewer; sister, June (Justin) Wolfe; grandmother, Kathleen Miller; nieces, Megan Wolfe and Destiny Rudd; nephew, Christopher Rudd; parents-in-law, Nelvin & Faye Rudd; brother-in-law, Lanny Rudd; good friend, Bonnie Risner; and many aunts and uncles, including special aunt, Joan Brewer. She was preceded in death by her grandparents, Ellis Miller and Ethel Luke. Funeral Service will be held Thursday, June 19, 2008 at 8:00 PM at WILSON-SCHRAMM -SPAULDING FUNERAL HOME, 3805 Roosevelt Blvd. (at Bonita Dr.), Middletown, with Pastor Arnold Brewer and Dallas Retherford officiating. Visitation will be prior to the service from 5:00 - 8:00 pm. Interment will be at the Brewer Family Cemetery in Kentucky. Terri was an animal lover so the family asks that memorial donations may be made to Animal Friends Humane Society Building Fund, 5225 Trenton Rd., Trenton, OH 45067. Condolences may be sent to the family via our web page at WilsonSchrammSpaulding.com

www.Beadifulmoments.com
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/19/2008 :  09:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

memorial donations may be made to Animal Friends Humane Society Building Fund, 5225 Trenton Rd., Trenton, OH 45067

Terri Rudd Guest Book

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby
Go to Top of Page

June
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/27/2008 :  11:51:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I just wanted to let everyone know that Chelsea & Randy are both doing well. They have received good reports from their doctors.

Also, my family would like to thank the Monroe & Middletown Communities for all the kindness we have been shown in the past couple of weeks. A special thanks to the Monroe Elementary School Staff for visiting Chelsea at the hospital and at home.

Thank you,

June Wolfe
(Terri Rudd's sister)
Go to Top of Page

HRHPatey
Advanced Member

USA
6198 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/27/2008 :  11:56:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Welcome June - So sorry about the tragic loss your Family has endured...

Thank you the update, I had been concerned about Randy & Chelsea so this is a much appreciated update.

Bless you

I've searched the secret mists, I've climbed the highest peaks, Caught the wild wind home To hear her soft voice speak, No matter where I roam ...
Go to Top of Page

Tracy
Advanced Member

USA
8410 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 06/27/2008 :  11:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by June[/i]
[br]I just wanted to let everyone know that Chelsea & Randy are both doing well. They have received good reports from their doctors.

Also, my family would like to thank the Monroe & Middletown Communities for all the kindness we have been shown in the past couple of weeks. A special thanks to the Monroe Elementary School Staff for visiting Chelsea at the hospital and at home.

Thank you,

June Wolfe
(Terri Rudd's sister)

Welcome to the voice June. We are all glad to hear some good news for your family.

TRACY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:
The Voice
Counterfeits at the Flea Market Again
NEW VOICE FORUM
Voter fraud may not actually happen...
A Night of Praise
Police Briefs 10/24