Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 08/29/2008 :  2:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

On September 10 from 7:00-8:30 PM in the Monroe Jr/Sr High Auditorium, the architects will present their findings. This is an opportunity for the community to hear and see the results of their review of LMHS. The public is invited to attend this important meeting.

Full Press Release
http://www.mainstreetmonroe.com/view_news.asp?nId=3649

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 08/29/2008 :  6:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I hope it was worth $23,000.00. Maybe we should have spent money on getting someone to write a dress code policy.
Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 08/29/2008 :  7:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

JMO. It will be worth every penny to get this out in the open and cleared. All I can say is Lord help the Admin if they deem it habitable. Then we will know Old Admin was blowing a total smokescreen up our ass as previously said by many. I will be in attendance to hear first hand.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Instigator[/i]
[br]I hope it was worth $23,000.00. Maybe we should have spent money on getting someone to write a dress code policy.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 08/29/2008 :  8:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Eagle[/i]
[br]JMO. It will be worth every penny to get this out in the open and cleared. All I can say is Lord help the Admin if they deem it habitable. Then we will know Old Admin was blowing a total smokescreen up our ass as previously said by many. I will be in attendance to hear first hand.

quote:
[br]I hope it was worth $23,000.00. Maybe we should have spent money on getting someone to write a dress code policy.

We have students in that building now. What the report will say is, Unfortunately the old high school is in such disrepair that renovating it is no longer an option. Even if we could, we need 64 new classrooms to accommodate the expected increase in student population. If we spend 8 - 10 million to renovate the old elementary and could renovate the old high school this would only provided 42 classrooms. This option would cost us more than new construction and still leave us short by 18 - 22 classrooms.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 08/30/2008 :  12:09:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

The Monroe Local Schools saw a growth surge during the past few years. The Yankee Road building is at capacity and Monroe Primary is near capacity now housing PreK-2nd graders.

Yankee Road building at capacity? That means that we have 2000 students at the new school. That means we had an increase of over 500 3rd thru 12th grade students over the summer.
Go to Top of Page

Tom B

5357 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 08/31/2008 :  01:42:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tom B's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by John Beagle[/i]
[br]On September 10 from 7:00-8:30 PM in the Monroe Jr/Sr High Auditorium, the architects will present their findings. This is an opportunity for the community to hear and see the results of their review of LMHS. The public is invited to attend this important meeting.

It should be a good meeting. The study was commissioned by the district, and performed by DiMaio Architects. Some have questioned the wisdom of spending hard to come by cash for this architect/engineer review, but I believe it was necessary for a couple of reasons.

First, in the last bond campaign, a number of people questioned the legitimacy of the previous study, because it was done by Steed Hammond and Paul. Community members questioned their results, feeling there was a potential conflict of interest, since SHP might have become the design architects of the then proposed new building.

Second, circumstances have greatly changed since the previous study was done. Construction costs have virtually doubled, with material costs driving most of that increase. Thus the basic economics of new construction vs refurbishment are different today than they were in 2001. It is important to update that analysis.

I don't believe there will be any great surprises from the study, but for both reasons above, it is important to get the previous review updated, confirm or reject the legitimacy of its findings, and eliminate any remaining concerns held by the public with respect to any potential conflict of interest.

I hope to see you there.

Tom Birdwell

Opinions written here are mine alone, and may not reflect the views of other board members.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/04/2008 :  10:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Tom Birdwell[/i]
[br]
quote:
[br]On September 10 from 7:00-8:30 PM in the Monroe Jr/Sr High Auditorium, the architects will present their findings. This is an opportunity for the community to hear and see the results of their review of LMHS. The public is invited to attend this important meeting.

It should be a good meeting. The study was commissioned by the district, and performed by DiMaio Architects. Some have questioned the wisdom of spending hard to come by cash for this architect/engineer review, but I believe it was necessary for a couple of reasons.

First, in the last bond campaign, a number of people questioned the legitimacy of the previous study, because it was done by Steed Hammond and Paul. Community members questioned their results, feeling there was a potential conflict of interest, since SHP might have become the design architects of the then proposed new building.

Second, circumstances have greatly changed since the previous study was done. Construction costs have virtually doubled, with material costs driving most of that increase. Thus the basic economics of new construction vs refurbishment are different today than they were in 2001. It is important to update that analysis.

I don't believe there will be any great surprises from the study, but for both reasons above, it is important to get the previous review updated, confirm or reject the legitimacy of its findings, and eliminate any remaining concerns held by the public with respect to any potential conflict of interest.

I hope to see you there.

You got the same results as before and you paid $23,865.00, plus out of pocket expenses for prints, copies, travel, rooming ect. This was a waste of money.
Go to Top of Page

Tom B

5357 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/04/2008 :  11:44:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tom B's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]You got the same results as before and you paid $23,865.00, plus out of pocket expenses for prints, copies, travel, rooming ect. This was a waste of money.

You are absolutely amazing in your knowledge and capabilities there Instigator. I have not yet seen the presentation for next week's meeting, so I am curious as to just how you know we "got the same results". Do you have Libbi's computer tapped? Do you believe that it was not critical for Libbi to fully evaluate all options as the district's taxpayers clearly demanded last March?

Do you know that huge increases in new facility materials costs have not changed the basic equations comparing the costs of new construction vs the costs of refurbishment since the previous study was done? I used to be a pretty good engineer, and I do not. So help us here, share your knowledge.

Do you somehow know that the public can be satisfied with simply using the old study? The same one questioned as being biased? That the district can just say trust me, and make it happen? If so, why didn't you say so last March, when public distrust of it was rampant?

Tom Birdwell

Opinions written here are mine alone, and may not reflect the views of other board members.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/05/2008 :  12:07:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]You got the same results as before and you paid $23,865.00, plus out of pocket expenses for prints, copies, travel, rooming ect. This was a waste of money.

You are absolutely amazing in your knowledge and capabilities there Instigator. I have not yet seen the presentation for next week's meeting, so I am curious as to just how you know we "got the same results". Do you have Libbi's computer tapped? Do you believe that it was not critical for Libbi to fully evaluate all options as the district's taxpayers clearly demanded last March?

Do you know that huge increases in new facility materials costs have not changed the basic equations comparing the costs of new construction vs the costs of refurbishment since the previous study was done? I used to be a pretty good engineer, and I do not. So help us here, share your knowledge.

Do you somehow know that the public can be satisfied with simply using the old study? The same one questioned as being biased? That the district can just say trust me, and make it happen? If so, why didn't you say so last March, when public distrust of it was rampant?

"I don't believe there will be any great surprises from the study". I believe you are right, there will not be any surprises. We know that the study will show the same results and the best option will be building a new building. We got that the first time we were asked to build the new building we are in now. We believed you then but then you rented the building to Middletown and now you have Butler Tech in there. No matter how much money you spend the fact is we do not want kids in that building and you are using that building again to get a bond issue passed. We did not need to spend this kind of money to prove a point.
Go to Top of Page

Tom B

5357 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/05/2008 :  01:52:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tom B's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]"I don't believe there will be any great surprises from the study". I believe you are right, there will not be any surprises. We know that the study will show the same results and the best option will be building a new building.

"We know" ???? Got a mouse in your pocket there, or is that the royal "we" yet again?

Again, I don't expect any surprises or great new conclusions either, but the fact remains that last March, there were a considerable number of people in the district who didn't and don't agree with you or me, people who believe the previous study was biased, and thus it could not be trusted or used. Their concerns simply must be answered for the district to move forward. Or should the district just ignore them based on your knowledge? Are you willing to join a future facilities team and work hard to sell them on your beliefs?
quote:

We got that the first time we were asked to build the new building we are in now. We believed you then but then you rented the building to Middletown and now you have Butler Tech in there. No matter how much money you spend the fact is we do not want kids in that building and you are using that building again to get a bond issue passed. We did not need to spend this kind of money to prove a point.

Are you that forgetful, or are you just using very convenient selective memory. You have it backwards. The district didn't just ask the community to build a new facility, instead the community absolutely demanded that it happen.

I don't suppose you recall that in 2000-2001 I prevailed in my push for an additional option "D" to be presented to the community, that being the refurbishment of the "new" wing of the old high school. It wasn't cost effective, and was soundly rejected by the community in the forums and survey, but the fact remains that was a community decision. I have since acted on that community choice as virtually a "prime directive".

Yes, Middletown used the building after we left it, and BT does today. But both are unique circumstances. Neither had a real choice in the matter, both requiring short term space till their new buildings could be constructed. That does NOT change the very real fact that the old high school building is in bad condition today, and in its present form, not sustainable. It must be replaced or extensively refurbished for long term use to be possible. The study to be presented on the 10th defines the available options.

Tom Birdwell

Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/05/2008 :  6:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I wonder what kind of Input they are looking for? Are there going to be armed guards at this meeting....LMAO...

Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/07/2008 :  5:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Oh there will be surprises. There always is surprises at these meetings.

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:

"I don't believe there will be any great surprises from the study". I believe you are right, there will not be any surprises. We know that the study will show the same results and the best option will be building a new building. We got that the first time we were asked to build the new building we are in now. We believed you then but then you rented the building to Middletown and now you have Butler Tech in there. No matter how much money you spend the fact is we do not want kids in that building and you are using that building again to get a bond issue passed. We did not need to spend this kind of money to prove a point.

Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  09:32:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Well as it was brought to my attention last night. It appears they have the presentation on the schools website now. Happy Reading!
http://monroelocalschools.com/article.cfm?article=555

Go to Top of Page

monroegardener

USA
1860 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  09:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]Well as it was brought to my attention last night. It appears they have the presentation on the schools website now. Happy Reading!
http://monroelocalschools.com/article.cfm?article=555

Downloaded; reading.

Soooo glad I'll be able to look and sound less like a uniformed simpleton!

Nature is ever at work building and pulling down, creating and destroying, keeping everything whirling and flowing, allowing no rest but in rhythmical motion, chasing everything in endless song out of one beautiful form into another. -John Muir, Naturalist and explorer (1838-1914)
Go to Top of Page

HRHPatey
Advanced Member

USA
6198 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  10:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

That was a deep read if ever ... not the way to start a Monday.

Thank you for the link Eagle

VVV Interesting !!

I've searched the secret mists, I've climbed the highest peaks, Caught the wild wind home To hear her soft voice speak, No matter where I roam ...
Go to Top of Page

logicgate

538 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  5:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

It is thorough if nothing else. I guess I'm wondering would good the report will do. I don't think it tells us anything a pair of eyes and common sense could not have figured out. Additionally, the local voters that have been so outspoken about spending money, won't find any solutions in it either. It still leaves them with having to decide to spend money on a school district that they seem to mistrust on a fundamental level. Unfortunately, the mistrust cost the district additionally money to prove something that anyone could have seen.

If they wanted to.....

Under NCLB - Jacque Cousteau did not have enough education to teach your child Marine Biology
Go to Top of Page

HRHPatey
Advanced Member

USA
6198 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  6:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

You are absolutely correct.... but I must say that as a 2nd grade and a 6th Grade Parent, my focus has been diverted to this report...
I will shamefully accept the 'what didn't concern me, didn't concern me mindset, but after reading through this report, I appreciate that if you have a student from pre k thru middle School age YOU should be concerned.

Either myself or DH will be at the meeting.... I'm the one with better hair

quote:
[i]Originally posted by logicgate[/i]
[br]It is thorough if nothing else. I guess I'm wondering would good the report will do. I don't think it tells us anything a pair of eyes and common sense could not have figured out. Additionally, the local voters that have been so outspoken about spending money, won't find any solutions in it either. It still leaves them with having to decide to spend money on a school district that they seem to mistrust on a fundamental level. Unfortunately, the mistrust cost the district additionally money to prove something that anyone could have seen.

If they wanted to.....

I've searched the secret mists, I've climbed the highest peaks, Caught the wild wind home To hear her soft voice speak, No matter where I roam ...
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  7:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I'm glad they put the report out for everyone to read. I would like to know how much we spent on this report. No surprises in the report as Tom mentioned earlier.
Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  8:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

You already said how much we spent on the report earlier in the week. Why ask what you already know?

quote:
[br]I'm glad they put the report out for everyone to read. I would like to know how much we spent on this report. No surprises in the report as Tom mentioned earlier.

Go to Top of Page

Bob Kelley
Advanced Member

USA
6900 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  8:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Bob Kelley an AOL message  Send Bob Kelley a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

So whats your plan? You have had a year to analyze it, your aware of the reports, whats the answer?
quote:
Originally posted by Instigator

I'm glad they put the report out for everyone to read. I would like to know how much we spent on this report. No surprises in the report as Tom mentioned earlier.

Email Me
City of Monroe web site
Planning Commission Info
Signup for email alerts
SmileyCentral.com
Go to Top of Page

ADH

3706 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  8:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:

I hope to see you there.

You got the same results as before and you paid $23,865.00, plus out of pocket expenses for prints, copies, travel, rooming ect. This was a waste of money.

Just as people will complain the study was done, people would have complained if the study wasn't done. As with anything you can't please everyone--you can only do what you think is right and, hopefully, please the majority.
Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  8:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Hey! I just heard a dozer and an attitude starting between your house and mine! Which house is he dozing first? Your or mine? Think he will wind up at the Old School?

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Bob Kelley[/i]
[br]So whats your plan? You have had a year to analyze it, your aware of the reports, whats the answer?
quote:

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  8:44:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]So whats your plan? You have had a year to analyze it, your aware of the reports, whats the answer?
quote:

The old elementary school has 24 class rooms. They want to build a new school that will hold 1300 students. You add 30 class rooms to the old elementary school you have a school that holds 1300 students.
Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  8:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Look over the presentation. The addition to the Primary is listed. I Forget the price they quoted but its listed.

quote:
[br]
quote:
quote:

The old elementary school has 24 class rooms. They want to build a new school that will hold 1300 students. You add 30 class rooms to the old elementary school you have a school that holds 1300 students.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  9:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]Look over the presentation. The addition to the Primary is listed. I Forget the price they quoted but its listed.

quote:
[br]
quote:
quote:

There is no option that addresses adding on to the elementary school only.
Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  9:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Look over your wifes shoulder. September 10 thread. Additions Master Plan #3. This is addition to the Primary and removal of the Old School if I read it correctly.

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]Look over the presentation. The addition to the Primary is listed. I Forget the price they quoted but its listed.

quote:
[br]
quote:
quote:

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  9:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]Look over your wifes shoulder. September 10 thread. Additions Master Plan #3. This is addition to the Primary and removal of the Old School if I read it correctly.

quote:
[br]
quote:

quote:
[br]
quote:
quote:

That option has renovating parts of the old high school.
Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  9:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

OK. It is worded that way. Although if I'm right the blue represents areas to be demolished. The only thing they would have to do is modify the Auditorium to make BEO offices & add A/C Heat units that Butler Tech will probably take.
There is no other shading to say that is the plan on the old school. I Figured it was only to be razed. MY bad.

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]Look over your wifes shoulder. September 10 thread. Additions Master Plan #3. This is addition to the Primary and removal of the Old School if I read it correctly.

quote:
[br]
quote:

quote:
[br]
quote:
quote:

That option has renovating parts of the old high school.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  9:21:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

This to me is the best option and the cheapest for tax payers.
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  9:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Maybe the city can tear down the old high school when Butler Tech is gone.
Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  9:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

A nice thought man. Although I think thats all it will wind up being.
quote:
[br]Maybe the city can tear down the old high school when Butler Tech is gone.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  9:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

This was the options we had last Feb.
Options for growth
8 classroom addition to HS wing
8 classroom addition to Elem wing
8 classroom conversion of MS gym
Renovation of existing Primary
School (24 classrooms)
New construction
Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  9:45:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

OK so basically what your saying is Alternative 3 plan. Renovation has already taken place on the primary.

quote:
[br]This was the options we had last Feb.
Options for growth
8 classroom addition to HS wing
8 classroom addition to Elem wing
8 classroom conversion of MS gym
Renovation of existing Primary
School (24 classrooms)
New construction

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  10:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

http://www.45050.com/pdf/shp_presentation.pdf
Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  10:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I forgot about that. I think they said the parking lots and driveway now interfere because of the stadium. If Im right. Might take 86's great knowledge of searching to find that thread.

quote:
[br]http://www.45050.com/pdf/shp_presentation.pdf

Go to Top of Page

Bob Kelley
Advanced Member

USA
6900 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  10:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Bob Kelley an AOL message  Send Bob Kelley a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

either way it's tax payer funds.
quote:

Maybe the city can tear down the old high school when Butler Tech is gone.

Email Me
City of Monroe web site
Planning Commission Info
Signup for email alerts
SmileyCentral.com
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kelley
Advanced Member

USA
6900 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  10:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Bob Kelley an AOL message  Send Bob Kelley a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I have not looked at the site plan, would the site hold an addition? Are there any additional operational costs that would effect your decision long term, busing, maintenance,housekeeping etc?
quote:

Email Me
City of Monroe web site
Planning Commission Info
Signup for email alerts
SmileyCentral.com
Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  10:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Bob we saw this. You dont remember it? This was posted here a long while ago.
quote:
[br]I have not looked at the site plan, would the site hold an addition? Are there any additional operational costs that would effect your decision long term, busing, maintenance,housekeeping etc?
quote:

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  10:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]I have not looked at the site plan, would the site hold an addition? Are there any additional operational costs that would effect your decision long term, busing, maintenance,housekeeping etc?
quote:

Looking at the plan it shows an addition to the old elementary school. The only difference is we add enough rooms to hold 1300 students and not use the old high school.
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  10:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Operating levy will be placed on the ballot no matter what we do. They will not get people to vote for a $36,000,000.00 elementary school at this time. They will need to move the lending library and the administration office over to the old high school before they get this passed. Could be years before people are ready to put out more money that they don't have.
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 09/08/2008 :  11:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Bob what are your thoughts on the report? Are you ready to build a $36,000,000.00 school building? Your plan last winter would have put us in a building for half that price.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:
The Voice
Counterfeits at the Flea Market Again
NEW VOICE FORUM
Voter fraud may not actually happen...
A Night of Praise
Police Briefs 10/24