New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 02/27/2009 :  2:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

The Monroe Board of Education will accept students in grades 9-12 living outside the Monroe Local School District for Open Enrollment for the school year 2009/2010. Applications will be available...

Article continues: http://www.mainstreetmonroe.com/view_news.asp?nId=4113

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby

SteelerGirl

USA
1867 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 02/27/2009 :  2:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

People have a lot of mixed feelings on open enrollment but it can really help districts that have a declining enrollment. I don't think that Monroe has that problem currently. It was the best thing that ever happened to the school where I work.
Go to Top of Page

SWC

630 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 02/28/2009 :  09:08:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

We are taking 9th and 10th graders? I thought it was being phased out.
Go to Top of Page

HBG
Advanced Member

USA
7054 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 02/28/2009 :  09:26:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by SWC[/i]
[br]We are taking 9th and 10th graders? I thought it was being phased out.

it's always been available for the class of 2012 (current freshman)

My dad used to say, 'You wouldn't worry so much about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did.
Phil McGraw
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 02/28/2009 :  4:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by SWC[/i]
[br]We are taking 9th and 10th graders? I thought it was being phased out.

What ever gave you that idea? Phased out means something different in this town. You will need to go to the Lending Library to find a clear definition of " phased out ". Ask for the Monroe Language Dictionary it is a thin blue book with a hornet on it. There you will find the true meaning of phased out. You will need to look under B as in ********. LOL
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 02/28/2009 :  4:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Posted - 11/17/2007 : 9:42:35 PM by Tom Birdwell

Open enrollment is already being phased out, as promised.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kelley
Advanced Member

USA
6900 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 02/28/2009 :  4:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Bob Kelley an AOL message  Send Bob Kelley a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Your 6 month sentence over?....LMAO

Email Me
City of Monroe web site
Planning Commission Info
Signup for email alerts
SmileyCentral.com
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 02/28/2009 :  4:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I'm starting to remember SWC where you might have got that idea. But you still need to go to the blue book for your answer on "phased out".
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 02/28/2009 :  5:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Bob Kelley[/i]
[br]Your 6 month sentence over?....LMAO

Could not help it. John pulled me in with the bait.
Go to Top of Page

Tom B

5357 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 02/28/2009 :  7:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tom B's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Instigator[/i]
[br]
Posted - 11/17/2007 : 9:42:35 PM by Tom Birdwell
Open enrollment is already being phased out, as promised.

The driving force on this was the high enrollment growth we were experiencing, with the full expectation it would continue and force out open enrollment slots. Since the economic meltdown of last fall, enrollment growth has stopped.

Despite the Governor's impressive state of the state speech, our state faces a $7B shortfall in the budget, more than 80% of which is spent on schools, law enforcement, and Medicaid. Thus, I see no way to avoid state education budget cuts, let alone to get all he promised. Add housing price problems, and it results in potential trouble for all Ohio schools. This is not the time to end an outside revenue stream until absolutely forced to. Sooner or later the economy will rebound, and with that will come more growth that will force out more open enrollment slots. It is that simple.

By the way, you previously stated you are comfortable with open enrollment, just not busing. If I could have predicted the economic implosion, I would have included that in my views in 2007.

Tom Birdwell

Opinions written here are mine alone, and may not reflect the views of other board members.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  12:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Some of you may remember the heated discussions on open enrollment in the past. Many on here were lead to believe that open enrollment was being phased out each year. Looking at the current enrollment numbers from this past fall I don't see the school ever phasing out open enrollment. The board should come out and tell the people of Monroe that they have no plans to phase out open enrollment in the near future. It will be hard to sell a bond issue to build another school when people realize open enrollment was not phased out as promised.
Go to Top of Page

Tom B

5357 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  10:19:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tom B's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]Some of you may remember the heated discussions on open enrollment in the past. Many on here were lead to believe that open enrollment was being phased out each year. Looking at the current enrollment numbers from this past fall I don't see the school ever phasing out open enrollment.

I have said from day one, that open enrollment was good for the district financially. I fully expected enrollment growth to continue, that we would gain another 150 or more students this year, and that this would force us to have to push out another grade of open enrollment and shift classrooms around next year to make more room for various grades. That stopped in September or October with the financial meltdown. Only a mindless idiot would push out high school open enrollment until we have to, as there is no internal way to make up that funding.
quote:

The board should come out and tell the people of Monroe that they have no plans to phase out open enrollment in the near future. It will be hard to sell a bond issue to build another school when people realize open enrollment was not phased out as promised.

Again, I will push again to phase out another grade of open enrollment when growth requires it, and not before. I would have thought that the intent was clear, that we were slowly phasing it out to match district growth, not because of a promise to rid the schools of it.

About the only silver lining I see in the financial meltdown is that it gives the school district a break from enrollment growth, and thus provides an needed opportunity to delay the need for a new school building.

If you want to know why so few board and council members post on the Voice, and perhaps why so few run for office in Monroe, it is posts like yours Instigator. Any time a board or council member is wrong, even on just predicting the timing of a phased plan, his earnest comments are made to sound as a conspiracy or lie.

Tom Birdwell

Opinions written here are mine alone, and may not reflect the views of other board members.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  11:43:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

There have been many things posted on the voice about open enrollment in the past. It would be in the best interest of the board to put those earnest comments to rest and tell the people of this community that they will continue to have open enrollment and there are no plans to phase it out. I would just chalk this up as a learning experience and move forward.
Go to Top of Page

No money

2236 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  12:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

It seems the board wants a new school building no matter what, when or how and they have told residents that are against open enrollment what they wanted to hear.
quote:
[br]There have been many things posted on the voice about open enrollment in the past. It would be in the best interest of the board to put those earnest comments to rest and tell the people of this community that they will continue to have open enrollment and there are no plans to phase it out. I would just chalk this up as a learning experience and move forward.

Go to Top of Page

buckeyenut

USA
5646 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  12:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Tom in light of the declining enrollment and "financial meltdown", do you still feel we need to move forward with the new school and levy due to overcrowding?

As much as I dislike open enrollment, I agree we should keep it as a funding source so long as "Monroe kids" aren't going without and space is available. It may be small minded of me, but I still like taking care of our own first. I also understand the potential extra classes this gives our students. Without diversity in our curriculum, reading, writing and arithmetic would be pretty boring.
Go to Top of Page

Tom B

5357 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  12:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tom B's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]There have been many things posted on the voice about open enrollment in the past. It would be in the best interest of the board to put those earnest comments to rest and tell the people of this community that they will continue to have open enrollment and there are no plans to phase it out. I would just chalk this up as a learning experience and move forward.

If that were the case, I would be happy to do so. But I strongly believe our native enrollment will grow and push the open enrollment kids out. This is just a pause in our city and school growth, nothing more. You and others have asked, even demanded that I answer questions on where we are headed, and I have done the best I can. If our best estimate it is not good enough, stop asking.

Native and open enrollment is just one piece of this economic turmoil. Two years ago, even a year ago, city officials and companies were willing to bet many millions of dollars that business development would quickly fill the city's east end. There are now two huge, expensive warehouses sitting empty, and no announcements of when any more companies will come. Housing is dead, and many people have lost jobs. Nobody in Monroe could have fairly predicted this economic situation. All of us. schools, city, business, and homeowners are simply going to have to wait this one out. I surely am not going to push for an action that will lead to higher taxes one day sooner than necessary.

No money, would you be willing to pay more taxes to offset lost open enrollment income, while we have space in the high school for it? Either embrace open enrollment while we still can, or support paying higher taxes to have Monroe only schools. Your choice. Do you really think that school officials would take this much heat, for so long a period, if there weren't real fiscal benefits for the district? If so, I strongly suggest that you and Instigator run for school board. You will very quickly discover you can't have this one both ways.

Tom Birdwell

Go to Top of Page

No money

2236 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  1:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Tom I will not support new taxes of any form, from the level of a school board to the federal level, also open enrollment may be good for the schools coffers but it is not good for the actual Monroe students, I have heard many of the Monroe student feel cheated in different ways because of the open enrolled students and that just plain is not right. Concerning running for the school board, when the day ever comes that I am not out of state up to four days a week, then I may consider trying my luck.
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Tom Birdwell[/i]
[br]
quote:

If that were the case, I would be happy to do so. But I strongly believe our native enrollment will grow and push the open enrollment kids out. This is just a pause in our city and school growth, nothing more. You and others have asked, even demanded that I answer questions on where we are headed, and I have done the best I can. If our best estimate it is not good enough, stop asking.

Native and open enrollment is just one piece of this economic turmoil. Two years ago, even a year ago, city officials and companies were willing to bet many millions of dollars that business development would quickly fill the city's east end. There are now two huge, expensive warehouses sitting empty, and no announcements of when any more companies will come. Housing is dead, and many people have lost jobs. Nobody in Monroe could have fairly predicted this economic situation. All of us. schools, city, business, and homeowners are simply going to have to wait this one out. I surely am not going to push for an action that will lead to higher taxes one day sooner than necessary.

No money, would you be willing to pay more taxes to offset lost open enrollment income, while we have space in the high school for it? Either embrace open enrollment while we still can, or support paying higher taxes to have Monroe only schools. Your choice. Do you really think that school officials would take this much heat, for so long a period, if there weren't real fiscal benefits for the district? If so, I strongly suggest that you and Instigator run for school board. You will very quickly discover you can't have this one both ways.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  1:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Although it has not been written it is clear that open enrollment is here to stay. I personally have no problem with open enrollment at the high school. Spending local tax money for busing open enrollment students to Monroe is a different story. That's another topic.
Go to Top of Page

No money

2236 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  2:31:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Seems to me if they want more room then terminate open enrollment, at least that would be a start. Everyone hears we need room, room and more room and growing district, growing district and yet they still insist on letting students from other districts take the room that is needed for Monroe students.
quote:
[br]Although it has not been written it is clear that open enrollment is here to stay. I personally have no problem with open enrollment at the high school. Spending local tax money for busing open enrollment students to Monroe is a different story. That's another topic.

Go to Top of Page

Brandy

USA
5722 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  2:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Sorry folks. Just a brief interruption in the serious discussion of this topic.

GATOR! So far I have read 7 posts made by you on this topic.

Please correct me if I am wrong. But isn't this a school issue?

Might I remind you....

Instigator

3060 Posts

Ignore User Posted - 12/28/2008 : 7:58:47 PM Report Abuse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My resolution is not to post on school issues for 6 months. LOL

Instigator

3060 Posts

Ignore User Posted - 12/30/2008 : 11:33:10 PM Report Abuse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Brandy[/i]
[br]Oh my!! This is scary. We are starting to think alike

No I was thinking...you said the next 6 months...sooooooooo....first time you goof....dunking booth on Main Street. No matter what the weather!

quote:

[br]Dunking booth on the 4th of July?

You got a deal.

http://www.mainstreetmonroe.com/voice/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12589

Now...Back on topic and my sincerest apologies for interrupting this serious topic

quote:
[br]Although it has not been written it is clear that open enrollment is here to stay. I personally have no problem with open enrollment at the high school. Spending local tax money for busing open enrollment students to Monroe is a different story. That's another topic.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter won't mind. And those who mind, don't matter."
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  5:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Brandy[/i]
[br]Sorry folks. Just a brief interruption in the serious discussion of this topic.

GATOR! So far I have read 7 posts made by you on this topic.

Please correct me if I am wrong. But isn't this a school issue?

Might I remind you....

Instigator
3060 Posts
Ignore User Posted - 12/28/2008 : 7:58:47 PM Report Abuse
My resolution is not to post on school issues for 6 months. LOL

Instigator
3060 Posts
Ignore User Posted - 12/30/2008 : 11:33:10 PM Report Abuse

You got me Brandy.
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  5:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by No money[/i]
[br]Seems to me if they want more room then terminate open enrollment, at least that would be a start. Everyone hears we need room, room and more room and growing district, growing district and yet they still insist on letting students from other districts take the room that is needed for Monroe students.
quote:

Room is a problem in this district. I think the key to solving this issue is not cut off open enrollment but stop busing students to Monroe from other districts. Parent's that really want their children to attend Monroe will provide their own transportation. If Lakota offered Monroe students transportation how many students would Monroe lose? My point is you take away the free ride policy how many open enrollment students would we have? My guess is a hand full in each grade.
Go to Top of Page

logicgate

538 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  8:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Come on please... finally get the facts on this.

A - Space is ONLY an ISSUE in the younger grades.
B - OPEN enrollment is ONLY for grades 9 - 12
C - You can't logistically swap H.S. classroom and elem. classrooms and equipment
D- THERE IS NO ROOM NEEDED at the H.S. for current enrollment levels including open enrollment. It is simple math. You look at how many students the H.S. can handle, subtract your local students from that and open up the balance to open enrollment.
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]Seems to me if they want more room then terminate open enrollment, at least that would be a start. Everyone hears we need room, room and more room and growing district, growing district and yet they still insist on letting students from other districts take the room that is needed for Monroe students.
quote:

Room is a problem in this district. I think the key to solving this issue is not cut off open enrollment but stop busing students to Monroe from other districts. Parent's that really want their children to attend Monroe will provide their own transportation. If Lakota offered Monroe students transportation how many students would Monroe lose? My point is you take away the free ride policy how many open enrollment students would we have? My guess is a hand full in each grade.

Under NCLB - Jacque Cousteau did not have enough education to teach your child Marine Biology
Go to Top of Page

logicgate

538 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  9:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]I have heard many of the Monroe student feel cheated in different ways because of the open enrolled students and that just plain is not right. [quote][i]Originally posted by Tom Birdwell[/i]
[br][quote][i]Originally posted by Instigator[/i]

How on earth could this be? They feel cheated because they are getting to select from classes they would not get to select from if there was not open enrollment? Academic competition from open enrollment students to tough? What?

Specifically, how do they feel they are being cheated?

Ask them if they would like a H.S. with just Math, Language arts, social studies and history. That's about what you would end up with shortly after ending open enrollment.

Under NCLB - Jacque Cousteau did not have enough education to teach your child Marine Biology
Go to Top of Page

zubrU2
Average Member

862 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  9:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Perhaps the funds for a new school are buried in the 847 projects proposed by Ohio for the stimulus cash?

http://www.stimuluswatch.org/project/by_state
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  9:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by logicgate[/i]
[br]Come on please... finally get the facts on this.

C - You can't logistically swap H.S. classroom and elem. classrooms and equipment
D- THERE IS NO ROOM NEEDED at the H.S. for current enrollment levels including open enrollment. It is simple math. You look at how many students the H.S. can handle, subtract your local students from that and open up the balance to open enrollment.
quote:
[br]
quote:
quote:

I don't know if this was for me but I will take a stab at it. The facts that you have listed are known to everyone in this community. The only problem I see is with D. Right now you have Junior High in the Elementary. What if we went the other way with the Junior high and used classrooms in the high school and opened up the classrooms in the elementary? Like I said in my last post I have no problem with open enrollment. I will tell you that many high schools in Ohio have less students than Monroe and doing fine according to their report cards.
Go to Top of Page

Tom B

5357 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  9:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tom B's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]Tom I will not support new taxes of any form, from the level of a school board to the federal level.

Then you must really love the spending going on now at federal level.
quote:

also open enrollment may be good for the schools coffers but it is not good for the actual Monroe students, I have heard many of the Monroe student feel cheated in different ways because of the open enrolled students and that just plain is not right.

If I believed that open enrolment hurt Monroe students when measured in in total, I would never support it. I am sure there are individual situations where problems occur. You have heard them, as have I. But in total, open enrollment expands Monroe's native student opportunities. We all hear of the problems, but hardly anyone realizes the greater up side.

First, lets look educationally. The Bill Gates foundation last year revealed that their charter program, the small high schools initiative, was an academic failure. This was the most hyped program in education for the better part of a decade, with over $2B invested by Gates. It is critical to note that their target ideal school size, 400 students, was roughly the size of Monroe high school without open enrollment. The bottom line is that the smaller schools could not provide a rich curriculum to students. Even when courses are offered, if only one section provided, schedule conflicts prevent many students from taking them. This is exactly the reason our district has always had high school open enrollment.

As for the coffers, at some level it has to be about funding. Programs cost money. You personally demand no tax increases. Take away the open enrollment money and school programs will have to be cut significantly. The Monroe students who feel they are being shortchanged, well they will loose far more opportunities than they realize.

The best illustration of open enrollment cash was by Suzi Rubin with the airline analogy. If an airplane is going to fly from point A to point B with empty seats, the airline is far better off to sell those seats, even at a reduced price. So is Monroe Schools.

Ending open enrollment now, with our growth stalled, is bad educationally, and it is bad financially.

Tom Birdwell

Go to Top of Page

logicgate

538 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  10:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Yes, I suppose you could.

List below the H.S. classes you would be willing to give up as a result of lost space in the H.S. and lost revenues:

___ Foreign languages (some or all)?
___ Art?
___ Musics, Chorus etc..?
___ Computer and Technology?
___ Physics?
___ Advanced Math?
___ ________________?
___ ________________?

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]Come on please... finally get the facts on this.

quote:
[br]
quote:
quote:

I don't know if this was for me but I will take a stab at it. The facts that you have listed are known to everyone in this community. The only problem I see is with D. Right now you have Junior High in the Elementary. What if we went the other way with the Junior high and used classrooms in the high school and opened up the classrooms in the elementary? Like I said in my last post I have no problem with open enrollment. I will tell you that many high schools in Ohio have less students than Monroe and doing fine according to their report cards.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  10:25:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Engineering I & II. Parenting, Survivor skills and Butler Tech online.
Go to Top of Page

logicgate

538 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  10:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

The H.S. would lose far more classes than that. Interesting as most of these are from Butler Tech. Did I miss something?
quote:
[br]Engineering I & II. Parenting, Survivor skills and Butler Tech online.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  10:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]The H.S. would lose far more classes than that. Interesting as most of these are from Butler Tech. Did I miss something?
quote:

If you have figured out that they use classrooms to teach these courses then you did not miss anything. I will say once again that I have no problem with open enrollment. We just need to make sure everyone is aware that it will not be phased out as promised.
Go to Top of Page

logicgate

538 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/01/2009 :  10:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Every course uses a classroom, so the assumption is that these classes do not benefit the students enough to justify the use of a classroom.

As for the "promise" of phasing out OE... The only "promise" I've ever heard was it will go away when the local population fills all of the seats in the J.R. High and the H.S.. This has happened in the Jr. High and I suspect will eventually happen in the H.S. The events of the world do not always follow man's designed calendars
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]The H.S. would lose far more classes than that. Interesting as most of these are from Butler Tech. Did I miss something?
quote:

If you have figured out that they use classrooms to teach these courses then you did not miss anything. I will say once again that I have no problem with open enrollment. We just need to make sure everyone is aware that it will not be phased out as promised.

Go to Top of Page

No money

2236 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/02/2009 :  12:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Not true, they said many time on much earlier threads that OE IS being "phased" out one year at a time.
quote:
[br]Every course uses a classroom, so the assumption is that these classes do not benefit the students enough to justify the use of a classroom.

As for the "promise" of phasing out OE... The only "promise" I've ever heard was it will go away when the local population fills all of the seats in the J.R. High and the H.S.. This has happened in the Jr. High and I suspect will eventually happen in the H.S. The events of the world do not always follow man's designed calendars
quote:
[br]
quote:
quote:

Go to Top of Page

logicgate

538 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 03/02/2009 :  7:12:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Yes it is true. Based on the way enrollment had been going, phasing it out one year at a time would have followed the exisiting growth trends. As it has been stated, Monroe's population growth has unexpectedly slowed. These things happend when the economy goes in the toilet. So they adapted. Sounds smart to me....
quote:
[br]Not true, they said many time on much earlier threads that OE IS being "phased" out one year at a time.
quote:
[br]Every course uses a classroom, so the assumption is that these classes do not benefit the students enough to justify the use of a classroom.

quote:
[br]
quote:
quote:

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:
The Voice
Counterfeits at the Flea Market Again
NEW VOICE FORUM
Voter fraud may not actually happen...
A Night of Praise
Police Briefs 10/24

City