New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

randy
Administrator

204 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 10/14/2009 :  09:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Here is the first interview with one of the Monroe City Council Candidates. I will continue to post my interviews as the arrive back to me. Lets get started with Mr. Brent Osborn

Tell us a little about your self and what qualifies you to run for City Council in Monroe?

In 2003, Procter & Gamble relocated my wife, Mary, and I to Cincinnati. We fell in love with Monroe while house hunting and decided this was the community in which we wanted to live and begin our family (our daughter was born here in 2005). We believed that Monroe’s location between Dayton and Cincinnati gave it the city amenities, yet sill maintained its rural, hometown community feel.

While serving a tour with the Missouri National Guard, I attended the University of Missouri-Rolla and majored in Engineering Management. During my time at UMR, I was in charge of publicity for the St. Patrick’s Day Celebration Committee for Student Council. The 1998 celebration saw a 28% increase in attendance and returned Rolla, Missouri’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade, to the second most attended parade in the state, only behind the V.P. Fair Parade in St. Louis.

In addition to my service with the St. Patrick’s Day Committee, I also served as an officer in Kappa Sigma Fraternity multiple times. My experiences in the fraternity taught me, “because that is how we did it last year” is not the right reason to do something, and if it is the only reason, it is time to change. I do value tradition, as it provides for culture and sense of being; however, not at the risk of progress and betterment. I have since learned that this applies outside fraternity life as well. So many areas get in caught in the thought pattern of “that is just the way we do it”, and fail to see areas to improve. Looking out for those areas to improve in our community strengthens us all. When considering issues for the neighborhood, my prevailing thoughts are “How does this help the neighborhood?” and “Can this be done better?” I think both would apply well at the city level.

Currently, I serve on the Board of Colonial Manor Square Homeowner’s Association.

To see the full interview with Mr. Osborn Click Here

Questions And Answers With Monroe City Council Candidate Brent Osborn

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 10/14/2009 :  09:58:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

"We believed that Monroe’s location between Dayton and Cincinnati gave it the city amenities, yet sill maintained its rural, hometown community feel."

That is why I moved here in 1989. Although it isn't quite as rural as before, it sure has a hometown feel.

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby
Go to Top of Page

cmcarney

296 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 10/15/2009 :  2:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Ah ... St. Pats the best Daze ever! That alone gets my vote, although your answer on SunCoke was very much in "political speak".

Go Miners :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:
The Voice
Counterfeits at the Flea Market Again
NEW VOICE FORUM
Voter fraud may not actually happen...
A Night of Praise
Police Briefs 10/24