New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/18/2007 :  9:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Posted for Chris Snyder, School Board Member

All,

This Tuesday the Monroe Board of Education will be hiring Dr. Elizabeth "Libbie" Lolli as our next Superintendent. I wish to take this opportunity to personally invite you to witness this event and meet Dr. Lolli. I am extremely excited about the opportunity to work with Dr. Lolli and I am also very confident that she will take our district to the next level.

This will take place in the Monroe Elementary Cafeteria at 5:30PM.

Have a Great Day,
Chris Snyder

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby

lovemonroe

USA
462 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  12:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I wish her the best.
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  09:59:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I am excited to have Libby Lolli as our new district superintendent.

I think she can stand up to the school board better than Mr. Elam could.

I say this because Mr. Elam is a southern gentleman who did not like conflict and really was not comfortable speaking in public.

Dr. Lolli (god I hope she doesnt expect us to address her as Dr.) has a lot of confidence in her public persona.

I look forward to seeing what she can do for our school district. I also hope she will become a poster here on the Voice. I think a Voice from the Superintendent is needed here to make a 'proper' connection to the people.

Lastly, I encourage everyone on this board to be nice to our new superintendent. Give her a fair chance to do a good job.

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby
Go to Top of Page

Bretland

2880 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  10:21:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Those PHD folks are serious about the Dr. recognition.
Especially if they're from OHIO STATE...............:)

We're generally nice to the Superintendent. It's bad decisions (or perceived bad decisions) that garner the criticism.

Bob B

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those that don't."
Go to Top of Page

HRHPatey
Advanced Member

USA
6198 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  11:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Both of my In Laws have the PHD - FIL was a Principle /Superintendent. In a formal setting the Dr was required, informally .... well, I can think of many acronyms that were used

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Bretland[/i]
[br]Those PHD folks are serious about the Dr. recognition.
Especially if they're from OHIO STATE...............:)

We're generally nice to the Superintendent. It's bad decisions (or perceived bad decisions) that garner the criticism.

Bob B

I've searched the secret mists, I've climbed the highest peaks, Caught the wild wind home To hear her soft voice speak, No matter where I roam ...
Go to Top of Page

HRHPatey
Advanced Member

USA
6198 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  2:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

My FIL became the new superindent of Schools in an Illinois district - it was a hard transition, as a Family member I watched his struggle to step into a position that had been filled by a well known and popular member of the Community..... I sincerely appreciate the steps and desires to 'pick up while running....'

I believe in change and different perspectives. Mr Elam will be sorely missed, but as time has shown us, when change happens, progression has an opportunity..... !!

With that said..... Dr. Lolli ~ Personally I welcome you and wish you every success - Our Community supports our Schools and revels in the success that has taken place in such a short space of time... May you feel our welcome and head us in continued accomplishments....

I've searched the secret mists, I've climbed the highest peaks, Caught the wild wind home To hear her soft voice speak, No matter where I roam ...
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  2:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Welcome from your royal highness, perhaps Knighthood will be forthwith.

Anyone else want to welcome our new Superintendent?

Go to Top of Page

HRHPatey
Advanced Member

USA
6198 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  3:06:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I believe it important to note ....

We have all at some point taken on a job where our predecessor set a standard.. It is a difficult situation to strive forward when the seat we fill is still warm..

Please take an opportunity to offer a Welcome.....

Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  4:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Welcome Dr. Lolli to the Monroe School District from all our family. Everyone is looking forward to taking this school forward and maintaining and improving the foundation that has been established. Best wishes for a smooth transition and a great new beginning!

Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Go to Top of Page

bb1

Oman
1627 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  5:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bb1's MSN Messenger address  Send bb1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Welcome to the School. If you are reading this, be aware I am looking for change on the horizon
Go to Top of Page

bb1

Oman
1627 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  5:55:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bb1's MSN Messenger address  Send bb1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Eagle[/i]
[br]Oh i think your gona see one. A BIG CHANGE!

quote:
[i]Originally posted by bb1[/i]
[br]Welcome to the School. If you are reading this, be aware I am looking for change on the horizon

And what would that be?
Go to Top of Page

Bigstick

16 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  6:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I think the first concern should be the education of the kids. I understand that at least one school board member wanted the choice (Job applicant) to be able to pass the levy and then second to build the new building. They never mentioned educating the kids. The building will get built and the money will be there.

I hope Ms. Lollie is more interested in creating an environment to foster leaning first.

Welcome to Monroe and Good luck.

'Speak softly and carry and big stick; you will go far.'
Go to Top of Page

loaner288

1868 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  9:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]From what i understand Lolli like to hire out the Classified sections of the staff. Meaning Custodians and Food service workers. Meaning hired out custodians and Aramark food service or something of that equivalent.

Cmon Eagle...a bit soon for this personal attack isn't it? You must be referring to Middletown's decision to outsource their food services and saving the district and TAXPAYERS over $200,000 per year. Here's part of Middletown School Board Presidents letter to the city:

"Since 2005, we've reduced over $2,000,000 in annual operating costs, including employee benefits, such as insurance premiums and purchased services, such as liability insurance premiums. In addition, the refunding of our current bonds which paid for our new building construction resulted in a direct savings to taxpayers by lowering our debt payments. Here are some examples:

- Implementation of Bureau of Workers Compensation Ten Step Program - $300,000
- Renegotiation of Life Insurance Premium - $25,440
- Renegotiation of Property Casualty Insurance Premium - $69,208
- Bond Refunding  Saved Taxpayers approximately$1,400,000 over the life of the bonds
- Participation in Safety Council Premium Discount Program lowered workers compensation insurance premiums by approximately $23,000
- Participation in Unified Purchasing Cooperative of the Ohio River Valley resulting in lower supply and material pricing
- Implementation of plan to reduce district copier and printer cost
- Saved approximately $200,000 per year in food service losses
- Streamlined administrative, support and instructional positions saving over $750,000 annually
- Eliminated operating costs for Garfield Alternative Building

These are all practical examples of our commitment to reduce costs as much as possible without impacting the educational programs that you have come to know and expect from our school district. We will continue to be good stewards of taxpayer dollars now and in the future. "

I don't feel this is something Monroe should do, as I like it in house (although I couldn't believe the lunch lady sent my son empty handed from breakfast because he lost his dollar on the bus!).

You've been a pretty big voice about the school blowing money. If Monroe was to do the math and see they could save this much money per year, whoud you support it?

Go to Top of Page

loaner288

1868 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  10:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]From what i understand Lolli like to hire out the Classified sections of the staff. Meaning Custodians and Food service workers. Meaning hired out custodians and Aramark food service or something of that equivalent.

Sorry, I didn't realize this was a compliment.

I don't get the connection here. This just comes from left field is all.
Go to Top of Page

loaner288

1868 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  10:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

There it is...honesty!! lol.
You didnt answer my question though. Would you support it?
Go to Top of Page

bb1

Oman
1627 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  10:35:40 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bb1's MSN Messenger address  Send bb1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by loaner288[/i]
I don't feel this is something Monroe should do, as I like it in house (although I couldn't believe the lunch lady sent my son empty handed from breakfast because he lost his dollar on the bus!).

To go off on a tangent, breakfast in my old school in Florida were served hot (and cold) every day....free might I add!

I sure loved sausage day. They always had square biscuits...I must say those were the best biscuits I have ever had in my life (government food mind you...) I'd make a sausage jelly biscuit sandwich with a carton/bowl/thing of cheerios. All for free!

The good ol days. I miss my sausage wrapped in a pancake on a stick

K, back on topic
Go to Top of Page

Tom B

5357 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  10:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tom B's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:

You must have missed phase three of Arnie's fiscal reductions if the levy had not passed last November. There were huge cuts coming. It is not the person, but the school core mission to educate kids comes before other needed but less critical services.

Tom Birdwell

Opinions written here are mine alone, and may not reflect the views of other board members.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/19/2007 :  10:52:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by John Beagle[/i]
[br]I am excited to have Libby Lolli as our new district superintendent.

I think she can stand up to the school board better than Mr. Elam could.

I say this because Mr. Elam is a southern gentleman who did not like conflict and really was not comfortable speaking in public.

Dr. Lolli (god I hope she doesnt expect us to address her as Dr.) has a lot of confidence in her public persona.

I look forward to seeing what she can do for our school district. I also hope she will become a poster here on the Voice. I think a Voice from the Superintendent is needed here to make a 'proper' connection to the people.

Lastly, I encourage everyone on this board to be nice to our new superintendent. Give her a fair chance to do a good job.

A southern gentleman. What are you saying John? Arnol is from Middletown he graduated from Madison High. I can not believe that he could not stand up to the board. I think he has done a great job for this school system. There have been a lot of great teachers that have graduated from Madison High. Don't you agree John? Welcome Dr. Lolli
Go to Top of Page

lovemonroe

USA
462 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/20/2007 :  08:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I would like to know why my post was edited? I posted that I wished I was as enthusiastic about our new superintendent as others but wished her well. So why was it edited? It was not near as bitey as some of the posts that followed!!!!
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/20/2007 :  09:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Sorry, I edited your post. This thread was intended to welcome Libby to the school district. Your post was not very welcoming and may have influenced others to not be so welcoming too.

I am sure the good Dr. is well aware of our site. FYI, This thread is available to non-members. So she is probably reading our welcoming thoughts. Especially since these posts have her name on the thread. So please Welcome Libbie!

All I am saying, is give peace a chance.

Go to Top of Page

lovemonroe

USA
462 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/21/2007 :  12:23:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]Sorry, I edited your post. This thread was intended to welcome Libby to the school district. Your post was not very welcoming and may have influenced others to not be so welcoming too.

I am sure the good Dr. is well aware of our site. FYI, This thread is available to non-members. So she is probably reading our welcoming thoughts. Especially since these posts have her name on the thread. So please Welcome Libbie!

She's a big girl - I'm sure she can handle it. Besides that - I did wish her well and again - did not say anything near as complaintant as some of the posts that followed and it doesn't appear that you edited those posts. Something personal going on here because of my husband's previous posts in opposition of your views? I did welcome her and wish her the best - so please don't edit what someone posts without notifying them first - that would be a nice gesture of peace.
Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/21/2007 :  12:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

OH and with 2 SNAPS of the finger!

quote:
[i]Originally posted by lovemonroe[/i]
[br]
quote:
[br]Sorry, I edited your post. This thread was intended to welcome Libby to the school district. Your post was not very welcoming and may have influenced others to not be so welcoming too.

She's a big girl - I'm sure she can handle it. Besides that - I did wish her well and again - did not say anything near as complaintant as some of the posts that followed and it doesn't appear that you edited those posts. Something personal going on here because of my husband's previous posts in opposition of your views? I did welcome her and wish her the best - so please don't edit what someone posts without notifying them first - that would be a nice gesture of peace.

Go to Top of Page

davepelfrey

USA
2270 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/22/2007 :  9:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I've voiced my opinion in other threads. Since the deed is done, welcome to Ms. Lolli. I will do everything in my power to support her & make her tenure a successful one.
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/22/2007 :  9:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Welcome Ms. Lolli! Welcome to Monroe!!!

Check out my weather Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SouthwestOhioWeather

If you are looking to get in shape visit:
www.anytimefitness.com/gyms/1662/monroe-oh-45050
or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/26/2007 :  5:54:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Lolli to quit Barberton schools
By Jim Carney, Ohio.com

The superintendent of the Barberton City School District will be hired tomorrow as superintendent of the Monroe Local School District in Southwest Ohio.

Dr. Elizabeth ''Libbie'' J. Lolli, 51, said today the board of the district, near Middletown, will hire her at its meeting Tuesday night and approve her contract.

Lolli has worked as superintendent in the Barberton district since August 2003.

''I have mixed emotions,'' she said in a phone interview today. ''I am sad to be leaving all the people I've worked with'' in the Mayfield, Nordonia and Barberton school districts and at Kent State University.

But, she said, her goal has been to return to Southwest Ohio, where she is from and many members of her family live.

A retirement reception for Lolli will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Dec. 12 at the Barberton High School at 555 Barber Road.

Dr. Lolli worked in the Middletown City School District from 1978 to 1994, where she was a teacher, assistant principal, and coordinator of elementary education.

She also worked for the Nordonia Hills district, and was curriculum director for Mayfield schools prior to taking the job in Barberton.

She is an assistant professor at Kent State University.

The Monroe Local School District split away from the Middletown City School District seven years ago, she said.

The new district has 2,100 students.

Barberton has 4,100 students.

The superintendent of the Barberton City School District will be hired tomorrow as superintendent of the Monroe Local School District in Southwest Ohio.

Dr. Elizabeth ''Libbie'' J. Lolli, 51, said today the board of the district, near Middletown, will hire her at its meeting Tuesday night and approve her contract.

Lolli has worked as superintendent in the Barberton district since August 2003.

''I have mixed emotions,'' she said in a phone interview today. ''I am sad to be leaving all the people I've worked with'' in the Mayfield, Nordonia and Barberton school districts and at Kent State University.

But, she said, her goal has been to return to Southwest Ohio, where she is from and many members of her family live.

A retirement reception for Lolli will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Dec. 12 at the Barberton High School at 555 Barber Road.

Dr. Lolli worked in the Middletown City School District from 1978 to 1994, where she was a teacher, assistant principal, and coordinator of elementary education.

She also worked for the Nordonia Hills district, and was curriculum director for Mayfield schools prior to taking the job in Barberton.

She is an assistant professor at Kent State University.

The Monroe Local School District split away from the Middletown City School District seven years ago, she said.

The new district has 2,100 students.

Barberton has 4,100 students.

Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/26/2007 :  6:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Dr. Lolli believes and practices that all decisions must consider the child first.

Source: Barberton City Schools website

Go to Top of Page

lovemonroe

USA
462 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/26/2007 :  11:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Wow - you are such a huge fan - she needs you sitting on her right side at every meeting to cheer her on with your pom-poms!
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/26/2007 :  11:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]Wow - you are such a huge fan - she needs you sitting on her right side at every meeting to cheer her on with your pom-poms!

Nope, just doing a little research. This is a welcome thread too.

How bout a nice welcome wish. You do lovemonroe don't you?

Go to Top of Page

lovemonroe

USA
462 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/26/2007 :  11:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

In case you have forgotten - you've already censored my initial post which did wish her well- and my follow up post which did the same! Of course I lovemonroe - otherwise I wouldn't speak up when I am concerned about the education of it's students.
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/26/2007 :  11:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]In case you have forgotten - you've already censored my initial post which did wish her well- and my follow up post which did the same! Of course I lovemonroe - otherwise I wouldn't speak up when I am concerned about the education of it's students.

I didn't forget and I am glad you love monroe. so do i.

let's work together and love monroe even more.

Go to Top of Page

lovemonroe

USA
462 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/26/2007 :  11:35:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Absolutely! It's been fun bantering this evening - thanks for the conversations! We will all work together because that is what makes Monroe great already and will continue it's growth and prosperity not only in the schools but community as well!
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/26/2007 :  11:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I think Dr Lolli will do great just like Arnol Elam did. Good Luck to both.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:
The Voice
Counterfeits at the Flea Market Again
NEW VOICE FORUM
Voter fraud may not actually happen...
A Night of Praise
Police Briefs 10/24

City