New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/13/2007 :  10:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

EMERGENCY RESOLUTION NO. 76-2007. A RESOLUTION DECLARING THE NECESSITY OF ACQUIRING AND CONSTRUCTING CERTAIN PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENTS IN COOPERATION WITH THE WARREN COUNTY PORT AUTHORITY, AND DECLARING AN EMERGENCY.

Council adopted Emergency Resolution No. 76-2007.

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/13/2007 :  11:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

The Resolution is in relation to the Special Assessments requested by the Developer of the Corridor 75 Industrial Park. As a part of the Development Agreement the City of Monroe entered into with Vandercar Holdings, the City agreed to use special assessment to cover the bond service payments for the infrastructure improvements in the Park during the time limited real property tax revenue is coming off the site due to the abatement of those taxes. All special assessments are paid by the property owner and forwarded to the Warren County Port Authority for payment of the bonds, thus the cost to the City is only in the administrative areas of collecting the special assessments. Once the 15 year/100 percent tax abatements burn off, the property taxes collected from the project should cover the bond payments and the special assessments needed will be reduced.

William J. Brock, P.E., CM
City Manager

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/13/2007 :  1:37:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

The cost involved in the project is approximately $15 million in public infrastructure and another $4 million in soft costs (engineering, financing cost, etc.).

City Manager

Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/13/2007 :  1:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Thank city manager Bill Brock for his explanation on the $15M Infrastructure Improvement at Monroe's Corridor 75

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/13/2007 :  5:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I'm still trying to figure out the 100% tax abatement. Emergency resolution? Is this why we need a new 4x4 pickup? Bob can you tell us about this emergency resolution?
Go to Top of Page

Tracy
Advanced Member

USA
8410 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/13/2007 :  6:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Instigator[/i]
[br]I'm still trying to figure out the 100% tax abatement. Emergency resolution? Is this why we need a new 4x4 pickup? Bob can you tell us about this emergency resolution?

To answer your questions ...

the truck is for the new street superintendent. He started last Monday.

The emergency resolution is used when the city is going to spend money and once the resolution is passed the money can be spent right away. The normal resolutions will take effect 30 days after the second reading and passing of that resolution.
When you are going to purchase items the use of the emergency resolutions are used to expedite the purchase and you do not have to wait 30 days for the resolution to go into effect.

Hope that helps

TRACY
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/13/2007 :  8:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by John Beagle[/i]
[br]The Resolution is in relation to the Special Assessments requested by the Developer of the Corridor 75 Industrial Park. As a part of the Development Agreement the City of Monroe entered into with Vandercar Holdings, the City agreed to use special assessment to cover the bond service payments for the infrastructure improvements in the Park during the time limited real property tax revenue is coming off the site due to the abatement of those taxes. All special assessments are paid by the property owner and forwarded to the Warren County Port Authority for payment of the bonds, thus the cost to the City is only in the administrative areas of collecting the special assessments. Once the 15 year/100 percent tax abatements burn off, the property taxes collected from the project should cover the bond payments and the special assessments needed will be reduced.

City Manager

Can someone tell me how this works. What kind of agreement did the city enter into? Is this infrastructure improvements or new infrastructure?
Go to Top of Page

buckeyenut

USA
5646 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/13/2007 :  10:59:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Send the new street super and his new truck down MacCready near Wyandot Woods and have him pick up all that garbage trapped in the gutter drains before they are completely useless.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kelley
Advanced Member

USA
6900 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/13/2007 :  11:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Bob Kelley an AOL message  Send Bob Kelley a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Message sent to the Public works department, thank you.
quote:
[i]Originally posted by buckeyenut[/i]
[br]Send the new street super and his new truck down MacCready near Wyandot Woods and have him pick up all that garbage trapped in the gutter drains before they are completely useless.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Email Me
City of Monroe web site
Planning Commission Info
Signup for email alerts
SmileyCentral.com
Go to Top of Page

Ragin Cajun
Average Member

957 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/14/2007 :  08:01:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Tracy[/i]
[br]
quote:
[br]I'm still trying to figure out the 100% tax abatement. Emergency resolution? Is this why we need a new 4x4 pickup? Bob can you tell us about this emergency resolution?

The emergency resolution is used when the city is going to spend money and once the resolution is passed the money can be spent right away. The normal resolutions will take effect 30 days after the second reading and passing of that resolution.
When you are going to purchase items the use of the emergency resolutions are used to expedite the purchase and you do not have to wait 30 days for the resolution to go into effect.

Hope that helps

Guess I didnt get the job.
Go to Top of Page

monroegardener

USA
1860 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/14/2007 :  09:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]

Hope that helps

Ahhh! I've been wondering about all the emergency resolutions. So, is it really necessary to have so many emergency resolutions? Is this any indication of a lack of foresight? Did we not know, before the new street super was hired, that he/she would need a new truck? What about the many other emergency resolutions (time for a new topic)?

Nature is ever at work building and pulling down, creating and destroying, keeping everything whirling and flowing, allowing no rest but in rhythmical motion, chasing everything in endless song out of one beautiful form into another. -John Muir, Naturalist and explorer (1838-1914)
Go to Top of Page

slapshot

USA
3266 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/14/2007 :  09:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Ragin Cajun[/i]
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:

Hope that helps

Maybe they sent the email to "scooter" instead??? LOL
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/14/2007 :  10:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]The Resolution is in relation to the Special Assessments requested by the Developer of the Corridor 75 Industrial Park. As a part of the Development Agreement the City of Monroe entered into with Vandercar Holdings, the City agreed to use special assessment to cover the bond service payments for the infrastructure improvements in the Park during the time limited real property tax revenue is coming off the site due to the abatement of those taxes. All special assessments are paid by the property owner and forwarded to the Warren County Port Authority for payment of the bonds, thus the cost to the City is only in the administrative areas of collecting the special assessments. Once the 15 year/100 percent tax abatements burn off, the property taxes collected from the project should cover the bond payments and the special assessments needed will be reduced.

City Manager

Can someone tell me how this works. What kind of agreement did the city enter into? Is this infrastructure improvements or new infrastructure?

Tracy do you have a thought on this?
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/14/2007 :  3:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:

City Manager

Tracy do you have a thought on this?

Bob do you have a thought on this?
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kelley
Advanced Member

USA
6900 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/14/2007 :  3:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Bob Kelley an AOL message  Send Bob Kelley a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Yes.

Email Me
City of Monroe web site
Planning Commission Info
Signup for email alerts
SmileyCentral.com
Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/14/2007 :  3:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Bob Kelley[/i]
[br]Yes.

A real politician NEVER answers a question with a YES or NO.

Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/14/2007 :  3:43:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by blueblood[/i]
[br]
quote:
[br]Yes.

I never see Tom just give a yes or a no.
Go to Top of Page

Ragin Cajun
Average Member

957 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/14/2007 :  3:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by slapshot[/i]
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:

Hope that helps

Come on now slappy, we know whos behind your maskPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Go to Top of Page

2dogsa

USA
2919 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/14/2007 :  11:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:

Hope that helps

Come on now slappy, we know whos behind your maskPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Is that Scooter....Ragin Cajun..and OSUFAN? I have heard of mental midgets but a whole family!!!! Just bustin your chops!!!
Go to Top of Page

slapshot

USA
3266 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/15/2007 :  10:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:

Hope that helps

My mask??? I have had the same username since I signed up here a few years ago. Is that supposed to be a smackdown on my height? Better watch out, that dude on the left in the spidey outfit is one mean knee biter. He's my 2nd cousin, LOL
Go to Top of Page

monroegardener

USA
1860 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/15/2007 :  10:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by blueblood[/i]
[br]
quote:
[br]Yes.

I never see Tom just give a yes or a no.

Personally, I like how Tom answers the questions. It seems to me he strives to be thorough. In my opinion, he gives more thought to his answers than some here give to their questions.

Nature is ever at work building and pulling down, creating and destroying, keeping everything whirling and flowing, allowing no rest but in rhythmical motion, chasing everything in endless song out of one beautiful form into another. -John Muir, Naturalist and explorer (1838-1914)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:
The Voice
Counterfeits at the Flea Market Again
NEW VOICE FORUM
Voter fraud may not actually happen...
A Night of Praise
Police Briefs 10/24

City