7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  10:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Ursosju25[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Eagle[/i]
[br]Rockies is going to develop either in Monroe or on our border. Again they are looking to be of the beaten path let them build it. Whats the tax revenue that they will bring? Abatements they will recieve? Anyone know?

Again this is NOT worth Monroe's responsibility if this happen let it go to Middletown. If you look at the overall map there is no reason why they should even be near Monroe.

There are other opportunities that will come our way. How long did it take for Home Depot to want GM's spot? Not long. That land right there is prime commercial/industrial development for the future and with this station going there it will not allow commercial development or industrial development to take place within a two miles of the station. So guess what? We gain the money from Rockies now but loose out on other companies that want the land around or even the land itself therefore we lose out on the tax revenue and other benefits that other companies bring. Rockies is bad for Monroe for several reasons and this is the main it will help in the short term but it will be costly down the road. When this comes up before council I will speak against this issue and the two main focal points will be the safety of people on 75 and the impact that it will have on development in Monroe.

This needs to go out in no man's land and that is east or west of Cincinnati. This area is to highly populated for one these stations.

Post 1

Check out my weather Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SouthwestOhioWeather

If you are looking to get in shape visit:
www.anytimefitness.com/gyms/1662/monroe-oh-45050
or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  10:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]Tom,

The pipeline going underground is no big deal its the compressing station is what I am worried about and that is right along 75 and that is a dangerous combination. Yeah there are gas pipes everywhere underground and that is no biggy its the compressing station that I am talking about. Again the station is right on 75 you will see it as you pass by and that will hurt in future development for Monroe no will build on that side of the highway between Monroe and Middletown. Yes they will build south of Monroe because far enough away that business would not be effected if something happened. You guys just don't get it at all. Just wait 10 years down the road when there is explosion or you see prospering development south of Monroe and its all dead between Monroe and Middletown and you all I will say is "I TOLD YOU SO". Tom have you done your research of other compressing stations around the country? The evidence is clear that no residential,commercial or industrial developer will go within two miles of the COMPRESSING STATION so that means no development well you look at as a positive that will mean 100-200 less kids going to Monroe or less traffic congestion down the road.

Post 2

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  10:50:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Its all about the future economic impact that it has on Monroe. Do your research and see if business will located near this? They won't because of insurance and safety reasons go look it up.
Short Term= Great for Monroe
Long Term= Bad for Monroe

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  11:00:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

We need green space, whats wrong with having a pump station right in the middle? I think if we had to have a pump sation in Monroe, that location would be ok.

I don't see any significant impact economically.

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  11:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by John Beagle[/i]
[br]We need green space, whats wrong with having a pump station right in the middle? I think if we had to have a pump sation in Monroe, that location would be ok.

I don't see any significant impact economically.

So we need greenspace? That area is primed for development 5-10 years down the road with the station it will NOT happen. Monroe loses that tax money down the road because business will NOT locate there. So no DHL or other business that could really help Monroe economically. So in the end we are stuck with a compressing station right on top of 75 that poses a safety risk to people traveling up and down 75. I am sure ODOT and other folks are going to have something to say about maybe even Homeland Security yes I said it Homeland Security. You all say it can't happen here in Monroe but a station like that on top of 75 is not only a safety hazard but a security hazard.

So heck you guys go ahead buy into this ugly, dangerous, economically damaging Compressing station and come 5-10 down the road when you are ****** about it all I will say is I told you so.

You can ahead and sit back laugh Clark but I am getting off my butt and doing some that I feel very passionate about. You think its a joke but to me its NOT. I am looking out for this town and its best interest and Rockies Express is not the best interest for Monroe. John Bohener is not the only one I have written. You make assumptions about people Clark but Bohener may not be the man you think he is. Have you ever met him or anything? Ever wrote him? I don't think so. So in closing I am going to fight and you guys are just adding fuel to my fire!

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

clarksteel1
Average Member

USA
992 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  11:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Yes Ive met the man-and he proved tobe just what I said-typical politician who will look after his own interests and NOT those of others he was elected to serve. So stick that one up you wazoo pal. And I stand by the fact that this is NOT the only hazard in your precious little world-you need to open YOUR eyes and look around at what else exists in this area. So quit yer whinin' we all think you're a hero for your efforts-kudos, pats on the back, etc. Just lighten the heII up.
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  11:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

We have other spaces that will be developed. Overdeveloping is just as bad. I would prefer a pump station over a power plant in my backyard. Save the big uglies for Trenton, we will take the little uglies and call it even.

Besides it will be lanscaped and you will hardly notice it.

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby
Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  2:16:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

If a pump station will keep Monroe from becoming West Chester, then build one on the four corners of the city!!!!!!!!!

Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Go to Top of Page

slapshot

USA
3266 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  2:38:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Don't think we ever have to worry about us becoming the next West Chester since we are pretty landlocked.
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  5:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by John Beagle[/i]
[br]We have other spaces that will be developed. Overdeveloping is just as bad. I would prefer a pump station over a power plant in my backyard. Save the big uglies for Trenton, we will take the little uglies and call it even.

Besides it will be lanscaped and you will hardly notice it.

My gosh John I am surprised with how you stand on this issue. So put the station there so we don't develop and lose money. Thats whats best for Monroe? Your not taking the safety issues into account. I am working on composing some numbers of how much we will actually get from this and I let you judge for yourself if this is so great Monroe.

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  5:43:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by blueblood[/i]
[br]If a pump station will keep Monroe from becoming West Chester, then build one on the four corners of the city!!!!!!!!!

Yeah thats real smart just add more hazards to the area.

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  5:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by clarksteel1[/i]
[br]Yes Ive met the man-and he proved tobe just what I said-typical politician who will look after his own interests and NOT those of others he was elected to serve. So stick that one up you wazoo pal. And I stand by the fact that this is NOT the only hazard in your precious little world-you need to open YOUR eyes and look around at what else exists in this area. So quit yer whinin' we all think you're a hero for your efforts-kudos, pats on the back, etc. Just lighten the heII up.

It seem like you were taking this as a joke and I am taking this issue seriously because again this is not in the best interest of Monroe and Bohener is not the only people I have wrote.

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

Eagle
Advanced Member

6260 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  5:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Whiner 1
quote:
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by clarksteel1[/i]
[br]Yes Ive met the man-and he proved tobe just what I said-typical politician who will look after his own interests and NOT those of others he was elected to serve. So stick that one up you wazoo pal. And I stand by the fact that this is NOT the only hazard in your precious little world-you need to open YOUR eyes and look around at what else exists in this area. So quit yer whinin' we all think you're a hero for your efforts-kudos, pats on the back, etc. Just lighten the heII up.

It seem like you were taking this as a joke and I am taking this issue seriously because again this is not in the best interest of Monroe and Bohener is not the only people I have wrote.

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/28/2007 :  11:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Urso is right, why would you want this on a prime piece of property.
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/29/2007 :  12:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Instigator[/i]
[br]Urso is right, why would you want this on a prime piece of property.

Thanks for your support. I hope you can help me in this cause! The location is as dangerous as being in the area on Todhunter because of Interstate 75.

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

bb1

Oman
1627 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/29/2007 :  12:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bb1's MSN Messenger address  Send bb1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I was typing this in before and right as I hit submit I BSODed (I'll take my overclocking a bit less hardcore next time) so anyway here is the gist of what I think:

It has to go somewhere, and by telling us to put it elsewhere, what does that say besides we want to dump our problem on someone else? It has to go somewhere, and anywhere else it goes it has the same chance of blowing up. The only difference is it will be killing them and not us, which by reading some of the above posts, is perfectly ok (???). We might as well put it here and reap the (cash) rewards of it instead of the other places; where as I said it has an equal chance of blowing up.
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/31/2007 :  12:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-IMPACT/2007/December/Day-04/i23445.htm
This might help Urso.FERC has a meeting scheduled for Jan. 9th at Edgewood High School. From 6:00p to 10:00p.
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/31/2007 :  12:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

http://www.freewebs.com/residentsagainstrex/
This might help.
Go to Top of Page

Tracy
Advanced Member

USA
8410 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/31/2007 :  08:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Instigator, those are two good links thanks for the information

TRACY
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/31/2007 :  09:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

From the EPA:

"...would have mostly limited adverse environmental impacts and would be an environmentally acceptable action."

Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/31/2007 :  9:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Public Meetings
Rockies Express Pipeline is holding an open house to let residents learn more about the project from 6 to 7 pm Thursday at Sarah Jane's Restaurant.
FERC is holding a public hearing from 6 to 10 pm Jan. 9th at Edgewood High School.
Monroe Planning Commission will review the company's site plan application during its regular meeting at 6 pm Jan. 15th at the administrative offices 233 S. Main St.
Go to Top of Page

bb1

Oman
1627 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/31/2007 :  11:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bb1's MSN Messenger address  Send bb1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

At least they're thorough.
Go to Top of Page

kolby

USA
418 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/01/2008 :  5:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I noticed today that there appears to be some sort of pump station just off the east side of I-75 and south of 63 (the vandacar and mall area). As I am new to the area, I am unsure of it's usage. It appears to me to be in relation to the underground pipes, as I could see the pipeline right-a-way.

Is it possible to have the Rockies Express pump-station in the same location? It's not like it would cause anymore damage than the one currently in place. I think it would make more sense to have them together than in two places. Two places would lead developers/companies to reconsider rebuilding in either location, as stated in prior posts.
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/01/2008 :  6:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Latest news is Solid Rock is going to fight these people away from 75. Darlene Bishop is fired up and will be at all public hearings! For once I am with these people in this fight!

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

loroller

USA
277 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/03/2008 :  11:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Oh great - so she's actually going to fight this one - and not take the approach of 'let's just pray about it and it will go away'. What a joke!
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/03/2008 :  11:13:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Meeting tonight: 6 to 7 pm Thursday at Sarah Jane's Restaurant

See Darlene Bishop (maybe)!

Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/03/2008 :  11:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I have to work tonight at 5 till 10 so I can't make it. SUCKS!

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/03/2008 :  7:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Darlene Bishop was a no show.

More info on the meeting will be posted tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

bb1

Oman
1627 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/03/2008 :  9:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bb1's MSN Messenger address  Send bb1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by loroller[/i]
[br]Oh great - so she's actually going to fight this one - and not take the approach of 'let's just pray about it and it will go away'. What a joke!

I believe she took approach #2.

But as I said, if they are offering us money, take the oppurtunity!
Go to Top of Page

kolby

USA
418 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/04/2008 :  12:41:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Here's the Middletown Journal article from the Thurs night meeting.

http://www.middletownjournal.com/hp/content/oh/story/news/business/2008/01/04/mj010408REX.html
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/04/2008 :  11:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Urso are you still getting something together on this issue? I thought you said Bishop was going to fight the location?
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/05/2008 :  12:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]Urso are you still getting something together on this issue? I thought you said Bishop was going to fight the location?

Working on it. I been busy with some other issues lately.

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/05/2008 :  02:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]Urso are you still getting something together on this issue? I thought you said Bishop was going to fight the location?

Working on it. I been busy with some other issues lately.

Lets us know how its going.
Go to Top of Page

Houndog

USA
3689 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/05/2008 :  09:12:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Bishops are against the pipleline project? Maybe the city should listen, it appears to me they have quite the know-how on how to handle on large construction projects and massive sums of cash.
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/05/2008 :  1:57:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Houndog[/i]
[br]Bishops are against the pipleline project? Maybe the city should listen, it appears to me they have quite the know-how on how to handle on large construction projects and massive sums of cash.

I just found out that the gas pipeline actually starts under the statue of Jesus and is heading West.
Go to Top of Page

Houndog

USA
3689 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/05/2008 :  1:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Good one Instigator
Go to Top of Page

Star_Rider
Advanced Member

USA
8666 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/05/2008 :  1:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

They just want their cut...LOL

Spes Mea in Deo Est
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/05/2008 :  2:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Star_Rider[/i]
[br]They just want their cut...LOL

Maybe they have a better deal on the land than Burns?
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/12/2008 :  9:52:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Latest news is the issue has been tabled for the Planning Commission Meeting on January 15th. Trying to get the message out because from what I understand several people were planning to attend the meeting and express their disapproval of the pipeline. I have more information that could help shed light on some other things coming into email in the next day.

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

Tom B

5357 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/13/2008 :  12:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tom B's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I don't know the details of Ohio law on pipelines, but if it is at all similar to some other states I have lived in, there is little a local community can do to stop them if they really want to go there.

Tom Birdwell

Opinions written here are mine alone, and may not reflect the views of other board members.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:
The Voice
Counterfeits at the Flea Market Again
NEW VOICE FORUM
Voter fraud may not actually happen...
A Night of Praise
Police Briefs 10/24