Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

mrschoeps

369 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  12:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Sports Mom[/i]
Why is it that some of you are offended by the public support for Jason? If you do not wish to support him, then don't,
but don't criticize those that chose to do so...

Hope that isn't directed at me, because I never said Krause should not be supported. He has provided a good football prgram that has seen success, and the community supports that.

All I said was that I think the community is largely supporting him for selfish reasons. The same degree of vehement vocal supprt should be offered to all the other teachers and school employees working hard to educate our kids.
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  12:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I never disrespected Jason I know what I know and I am not going to comment on the whole situation anymore. Just that I hope for the best in this situation and the best thing that can happen is Jason coaching at Monroe.

Check out my weather Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SouthwestOhioWeather

If you are looking to get in shape visit:
www.anytimefitness.com/gyms/1662/monroe-oh-45050
or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

buck35

5544 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  12:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by buckeyenut[/i]
[br]Anyone have the numbers for tickets sold for home games before Krause got here compared to last season, his potential final year?

In other words, did he generate a substantial increase in sales due to his coaching abilities? That's gotta account for something.

In case we all forgot now that the bond levy battle is over, Monroe Schools are feeling the money crunch. I understand restructuring the grades and moving teachers around to get most out of a shriveling turnip but why let someone go who actually brought money INTO the bank?

A Winning Team filled the stands.
Not to say Krause and his coaches didn't help but.

You WIN with People
Woody Hayes
Go to Top of Page

ellarbee1000

466 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  12:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by HornetMom33[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Ursosju25[/i]
[br]Through the grapvine Jason is not the frontrunner that Middletown is seriously considering two other candidates for this job. Folks this is NOT a done deal. In all honestly I hope Jason is here to stay because he is probably the best coach we have had here at Monroe in a very long time.

WOW! Urso is singing a different tune today! Did you finally see the light, or did you finally figure out who you were arguing with yesterday?!!

Go Hornets!!

Is Go Hornets Coach Krause??
Go to Top of Page

HornetMom33

464 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  12:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by ellarbee1000[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by HornetMom33[/i]
[br]
quote:
[br]Through the grapvine Jason is not the frontrunner that Middletown is seriously considering two other candidates for this job. Folks this is NOT a done deal. In all honestly I hope Jason is here to stay because he is probably the best coach we have had here at Monroe in a very long time.

WOW! Urso is singing a different tune today! Did you finally see the light, or did you finally figure out who you were arguing with yesterday?!!

Go Hornets!!

Is Go Hornets Coach Krause??

I never reveal my sources..
Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  12:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:

This doesn't rectify the situation. If JK was told the AD job was his, by current or past administrators, we should honor that verbal contract and give him what was promised!!

If a commitment was made, shame, shame on all of us.

Do the right thing and make JK AD AND FOOTBALL COACH!!!!

Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Go to Top of Page

Voice of Reason
Starting Member

1 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  12:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Then what do you do with the AD that was just hired. Doesn't he have a contract that has to be honored now? I feel for the guy, how would you like to have just started a new job and find out there is a section of the population that doesn't want you here.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kelley
Advanced Member

USA
6900 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  1:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Bob Kelley an AOL message  Send Bob Kelley a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Until the board minutes are approved it's not a completely done deal. Past that they have a new AD that's not Jason Krause.

Email Me
City of Monroe web site
Planning Commission Info
Signup for email alerts
SmileyCentral.com
Go to Top of Page

Sports Mom
Advanced Member

10329 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  1:16:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sports Mom's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

It was directed to anyone that feels the need to criticize JK's supporters.

Why do you consider them selfish reasons? Because we like the pride that JK brought out in Monroe? Are his students/athletes selfish for supporting someone that has been a positive influence in their lives?

I've had issues with a teacher in the past and question their teaching abilities, but even if he were to be put in this situation, I would never criticize his supporters - I would just think they had a better understanding with what he was doing.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by mrschoeps[/i]
[br][quote][i]Originally posted by Sports Mom[/i]
Hope that isn't directed at me, because I never said Krause should not be supported. He has provided a good football prgram that has seen success, and the community supports that.

All I said was that I think the community is largely supporting him for selfish reasons. The same degree of vehement vocal supprt should be offered to all the other teachers and school employees working hard to educate our kids.

Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  1:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Jason Krause has a 4:30 Interview today with the Middletown School Board.

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby
Go to Top of Page

loaner288

1868 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  2:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Dude.....I'm a drummer!!!! and was also a percussion instructor for a marching band. CHILL.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by mrschoeps[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by blueblood[/i]
We are talking about the most visible person in Monroe. I'll bet, maybe unfortunately, more people know and recognize JK than any other single person in town.

And why is that? Because he's providing an entertainment for them. And that's why so many people care ... because what was done affects THEIR personal interests. For a substantial segment in the community who "care" about this situation, I posit that it has little to nothing to do with personally wronging Krause or the kids in the program, but rather more to do with how they feel about themselves when they wear a Monroe jersey in public.

And loaner288, I was an extracurricular percussion instructor with an area marching band for over 20 years, so I don't need a lecture on what extracurriculars do for the development of the individual student. For some folks, marching band is entertainment ... they personally enjoy it, and they make the effort to come out and see it. Certainly not as many as for football. And don't read that the wrong way ... I'm a big football fan too. [And, I believe there may also be an educational aspect to going to the zoo that you've overlooked.]

During my tenure, I saw several administrative decisions made that impacted the ability of the band director to effectively do his job. He made those things known in a public forum to the board (not Monroe) and to parents. He has since moved on to "greener pastures". Funny, I don't remember any massive community outcry at his departure.

Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  2:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by John Beagle[/i]
[br]Jason Krause has a 4:30 Interview today with the Middletown School Board.

Wonder what they want to talk to Jason about? You still have a couple hours to make this right MLS!!!

This is almost like it is not real and it may get much worse.

Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Go to Top of Page

OldSchoolMonroe

35 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  4:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

EXACTLY!
quote:
[i]Originally posted by blueblood[/i]
[br]
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Sports Mom[/i]
[br]Doesn't anyone see the timetable of events here and realized why some of us are so frustrated with the "system in place".

Jason applies for the Fairfield job, but decides to stay here in Monroe

He makes it clear that he would like to be considered for the AD position

But is told, "Not on my watch" or "Not with me" or whatever inconsiderate and unprofessional language was used

Jason's schedule is drastically changed and interferes with his ability to be the coach everyone knows that he is

Jason applies to Middletown and he is made to look like the bad guy

To try to make them look less guilty, some parties go with, "Be happy for him - he's moving on" or "Let's everyone wish him the best"

An assistant coach is pretty much offered the the coaching position even with Jason currently as coach

That seems to outline it pretty good. The longer this goes on, it is becoming more and more evident that the rumors are looking like the truth!!! If that is the case, there needs to be a major inquiry and parties held responsible and disciplined severely. I don't get caught up in the typical school politics and did not participate in the levy, open enrollment, and various threads which have dominated this website for months. This appears to go against all things American and is in direct conflict with standards as basic and American as its founding origins.

The lack of people coming forward and denouncing this is almost as alarming as the ones coming on here and defending these actions as appropriate!! I am appalled that an apparent undermining and blatant mistreatment of one of the more dedicated and respected members of our school staff has had to endure these actions without almost any questioning or explanation given.

The community is waiting for an explanation that will make these accusation just that, rumors. So far, it appears that the rumors appear to have more credibility than any explanation I have heard to date.

We Need Rocky Heflin
Go to Top of Page

Respector
Average Member

1057 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  10:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]I am not going to comment on the whole situation anymore

Hah....wish I had a buck for everytime I've read this.
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/18/2008 :  11:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by John Beagle[/i]
[br]Jason Krause has a 4:30 Interview today with the Middletown School Board.

Is Jason going to Middletown? Does anyone know? What I want to know is if he got a kiss after that.
Go to Top of Page

Tom B

5357 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/19/2008 :  12:23:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tom B's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by faithfulhornet[/i]
[br]P.S. for Tom, when you get on here at 3am, don't feel like you have to repeat each and every question I've asked lovemonroe and give it an answer. You really should get some sleep.

Thanks Faithful. I am trying to do better on this aspect. But as for posting in the middle of the night, if I could sleep when posting, I would be doing so. The medical issues I face sometimes have me up in the middle of the night. Pain has no timetable. I sleep when I can, and read and post when I can't. Day or night.

Tom Birdwell

Opinions written here are mine alone, and may not reflect the views of other board members.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:
The Voice
Counterfeits at the Flea Market Again
NEW VOICE FORUM
Voter fraud may not actually happen...
A Night of Praise
Police Briefs 10/24