Right Turn off New Garver to 63???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MONROE-ITE

199 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/30/2009 :  09:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Is this turn continuous or are you suppose to stop at the red light? The lane is continuous so it's a bit confusing!!

Happy HarperValley Rez

USA
1621 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/30/2009 :  09:49:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I would like to know as well! This morning I tried going on the assumption it was a designated lane for a continuous right turn onto 63 and nearly got rear ended by people dropping into the lane despite the solid white line...
No signs posted - can anyone find out?
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/30/2009 :  10:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I would have to say that is a continuous right of New Garver on to east bound RT63. You have a right to that lane and clearly if someone is crossing the solid white line, then they are disobeying the law. Common sense tell you that there are idiot drivers out there, don't be one yourself.

Drive defensively, watch out for idiots who are negligent in their driving.

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby
Go to Top of Page

Happy HarperValley Rez

USA
1621 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/30/2009 :  11:07:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

would be nice to get a sign posted...
and while I am on my soapbox, as for I75 55mph speed limit strictly enforced? Right...
To keep from being run over I have to do a minimum of 66mph.
Just try maintaining 55 and see if you don't get smoked by even the semis!!!
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/30/2009 :  11:23:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Agreed and probably in the works.

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby
Go to Top of Page

ADH

3706 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/30/2009 :  12:05:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I have been treating it as a continuous right turn with caution. It's definitely one of those where you have to watch for people who are getting over to get onto 75S.

It's also a bit dangerous at times to cross over to get onto 75N (which is where I'm typically going).

"We have to be able to criticize what we love, to say what we have to say 'cause if you’re not trying to make something better, then as far as I can tell, you are just in the way."
Ani Difranco
Go to Top of Page

michellem

310 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/30/2009 :  3:37:39 PM  Show Profile  Send michellem an AOL message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I'm a little perturbed that you can't turn left onto New Garver from 63 now (to Lebanon Rd). I live right around that corner on Arielle and have to go up a bit to the next light now. I know, I know... it's not that far.
Go to Top of Page

Happy HarperValley Rez

USA
1621 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/30/2009 :  4:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I'm not crazy about that either. You can go straight across from Speedway but no left turn. Still watch people do it anyway....

quote:
[i]Originally posted by michellem[/i]
[br]I'm a little perturbed that you can't turn left onto New Garver from 63 now (to Lebanon Rd). I live right around that corner on Arielle and have to go up a bit to the next light now. I know, I know... it's not that far.

Go to Top of Page

Wolfie

236 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/30/2009 :  8:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfie's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Unless posted otherwise (continuous right turn with caution), you might want to follow the signal. Right on red after stop.

I also think crossing a solid line is a no-no.

I believe the no left (and proably soon to be continuous right) is to help with the weekend traffic. This makes two less signals in the rotation of the light. (kind of like the SPUI)
Go to Top of Page

Wolfie

236 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/30/2009 :  9:22:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfie's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

4511.13 Traffic control signal lights.

(C) Steady red indication:

(1) Vehicular traffic, streetcars, and trackless trolleys facing a steady red signal alone shall stop at a clearly marked stop line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or if none, then before entering the intersection and shall remain standing until an indication to proceed is shown except as provided in divisions (C)(2) and (3) of this section.

(2) Unless a sign is in place prohibiting a right turn as provided in division (C)(5) of this section, vehicular traffic, streetcars, and trackless trolleys facing a steady red signal may cautiously enter the intersection to make a right turn after stopping as required by division (C)(1) of this section. Such vehicular traffic, streetcars, and trackless trolleys shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians lawfully within an adjacent crosswalk and to other traffic lawfully using the intersection.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfie

236 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/30/2009 :  9:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfie's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

4511.33 Driving in marked lanes.

(1) A vehicle or trackless trolley shall be driven, as nearly as is practicable, entirely within a single lane or line of traffic and shall not be moved from such lane or line until the driver has first ascertained that such movement can be made with safety.
Go to Top of Page

ADH

3706 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 12/30/2009 :  9:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I don't believe there is a "stop line" indicating where to stop, therefore, my assumption was/is that it is a continuous turn (there isn't really an "intersection" either). If it wasn't continuous why wouldn't they just make it a regular right angle turn?

Also, is there anything indicating that the lanes to turn right off of the exit ramps are continuous? I haven't noticed a sign, but there could be.

"We have to be able to criticize what we love, to say what we have to say 'cause if you’re not trying to make something better, then as far as I can tell, you are just in the way."
Ani Difranco
Go to Top of Page

Cherokee
Average Member

USA
1456 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 01/11/2010 :  5:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cherokee's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

i treat it as a yield to common sense- as the path is problematic

think twice, act once
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:
The Voice
Counterfeits at the Flea Market Again
NEW VOICE FORUM
Voter fraud may not actually happen...
A Night of Praise