New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scooter
Average Member

1143 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/06/2010 :  10:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

This is a law here in the City of Monroe. If your dog barks when he is outside and your neighbor calls the police, they can come to your house and write you a ticket.

618.07 BARKING OR HOWLING DOGS.

(a) No person shall keep or harbor any dog within the Municipality which, by frequent and habitual barking, howling or yelping, creates unreasonably loud and disturbing noises of such a character, intensity and duration as to disturb the peace, quiet and good order of the Municipality. Any person who allows any dog habitually to remain or be lodged or fed within any dwelling, building, yard or enclosure, which he or she occupies or owns, shall be considered to be harboring such dog.

(b) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor.

buckeyes Pictures, Images and Photos

michellem

310 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/06/2010 :  10:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Send michellem an AOL message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Interesting. But what if your neighbor is the reason the dog is barking?
Go to Top of Page

Respector
Average Member

1057 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/07/2010 :  01:01:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Nothing unusual about this law. Most cities have a law comparable to this one.
Go to Top of Page

buck35

5544 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/07/2010 :  01:08:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Damn I better stay indoors then!
Go to Top of Page

Happy HarperValley Rez

USA
1621 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/07/2010 :  09:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Yes you had better stay indoors til you get that howling thing under control! LOL!
quote:
[i]Originally posted by buck35[/i]
[br]Damn I better stay indoors then!

Go to Top of Page

michellem

310 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/07/2010 :  1:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Send michellem an AOL message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

On a related note... I have to apologize if anyone was disturbed at 7:45 this morning in the Arielle/Ridgeview area. Seems the Easter bunny left behind one of his offspring and my dog thought he was new toy to play with. This thing was HUGE, luckily on the other side of the fence though. We see them often in the neighbors yard, and I think they're multiplying!
Go to Top of Page

2015hornetsMOM
Average Member

USA
1179 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/07/2010 :  8:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

We have a coon hound and all she does is howl at the birds. I guess I ought to thank my neighbors for not calling the police!
Go to Top of Page

scooter
Average Member

1143 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/07/2010 :  8:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Stupid law, how about make a time table ??? Say, 8pm to 8 am ??? People talk, cats meow and dogs bark...

buckeyes Pictures, Images and Photos
Go to Top of Page

2015 Hornets

487 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/07/2010 :  10:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit 2015 Hornets's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

i agree and this is the mom, didn't feel like logging him out!
quote:
[i]Originally posted by scooter[/i]
[br]Stupid law, how about make a time table ??? Say, 8pm to 8 am ??? People talk, cats meow and dogs bark...

Go to Top of Page

drs_1827

USA
691 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/08/2010 :  12:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Normally I would agree with this...but my neighbor seems to be the exception. No amount of conversation and I mean direct - your dog is annoying type talk gets through to this family. As soon as the dogs (yes 2 of them) hit the back yard...it's a high pitch yelp. My kids are young and they want nothing to do with the back yard when these dogs are outside. Kinda like an air horn blowing over and over and over again...for hours.

I know the people who live behind him call the cops and I don't blame them. Personally I love it! We have a dog, he barks, but if it's repeatedly we bring him inside. The difference is our neighbor thinks his little nightmares are being friendly. Kind of hard to feel sorry for him when the cops are giving him a ticket while he is cooking steaks for his dog.

Makes me happy when 4th of July comes along...these dogs hate fire works. We don't see them for over a month. Maybe the cops should let off fire works instead of giving tickets!

quote:
[br]Stupid law, how about make a time table ??? Say, 8pm to 8 am ??? People talk, cats meow and dogs bark...

Go to Top of Page

wifostarz

USA
5984 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/08/2010 :  09:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

No, I don't agree. My neighbor has 2 dogs that bark from the second they go outside until they go back in. We're talking over 12 hours. We cannot use our back yard. This summer is going to be a nightmare. When we have guests, we cannot have a conversation in the back yard without really increasing the volume due to the barking.

quote:

Go to Top of Page

drs_1827

USA
691 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/08/2010 :  09:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Wifostarz, I totally understand. We are in a similar situation and it's very frustrating. Wonder if fireworks will do the same thing for your situation? :)
Go to Top of Page

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/08/2010 :  10:10:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

How to Feature Your Neighbor's Barking Dog on YouTube

Introduction

The YouTube website will allow you to post video of your neighbor's barking dog online, in a highly visible location, free of charge. You just need to film the barkfest using a camcorder or some other variation of a digital video-camera and then submit the footage to YouTube in the prescribed manner.

The Advantages of Posting To YouTube

Uploading your digital footage to YouTube carries with it two distinct advantages. First, after you have completed your upload, you can include a link in any emails you might choose, so that the email recipient need only click on the link in order to launch their browser and see your neighbor's dog, in all his glory, displayed in full color, barking furiously on their computer screen.

That means that you can email the dog owner the footage of his dog barking. Or you can film yourself explaining why the problem needs to be resolved. Or you can show your neighbor and your city councilman and whoever else, how close the dog is to where your children are sleeping, and what the noise sounds like from inside their room.

That way, when you write anyone about your in-home noise inundation, you can include proof of the problem in your every correspondence. You can say, "Here, look at this. This is what my house sounded like at three o'clock this morning."

There is another reason why you might want to feature footage of your neighbor's barking dog on YouTube. We have received reports from people telling us that, for whatever reason, their recalcitrant neighbors finally quieted their habitually barking dogs after they learned that YouTube featured footage that showed the animal barking disruptively.

We can only speculate why a public display would have such an effect. Perhaps it is because seeing their dog online serves as convincing proof of the problem, and that causes them to feel some measure of guilt or vulnerability. Or maybe they are simply embarrassed to have their dog behaving badly on the internet for all the world to see.

You might also be able to use YouTube to bring pressure to bear on your local authorities. After all, it is hard for animal control to deny that there is a barking problem in your town when there is video footage of it online, as well as embedded into your every email. And they can't say that the problem in not significant when your YouTube footage shows a pack of screaming animals going crazy under a voiceover or a banner that describes the suffering of those who are forced to live with the continual noise force-fed into their living quarters. And they can't say that it isn't happening in large numbers when there are multiple postings coming from the same town. And they can't claim that they are addressing the problem if the same postings remain up, or are added to year after year.

For that reason, posting footage of your barking dog ordeal online can be helpful if your are attempting to press your local authorities to assist you in the resolution of the problem. That way, your local representatives can see for themselves the extent of the ordeal to which you are subjected, without ever having to leave their offices. Also, knowing that their failure to solve the problem will be witnessed by millions of people on the internet may also help motivate your local authorities to do the right thing.

Full post: http://www.barkingdogs.net/youtube.shtml

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby
Go to Top of Page

Hornet89

USA
4534 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/14/2010 :  06:12:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

it says frequent and habitual.....not just a dog barking.....but a dog barking for extended period of time, and the owner is usually warned 1st....makes sense to me.
Go to Top of Page

ozzee

USA
323 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 04/14/2010 :  11:35:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

http://www.discount-pet-superstore.com/bark_control_collars/outdoor_bark_control.htm

Buy a birdhouse, it works well. Just don't stand next to it when the dogs are barking. You won't hear anything but it will shake your brain.

Brent Osborn

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:
The Voice
Counterfeits at the Flea Market Again
NEW VOICE FORUM
Voter fraud may not actually happen...
A Night of Praise
Police Briefs 10/24