Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 08/28/2007 :  2:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I know this work has to be done but boy oh boy is it a mess. I now avoid this road at all cost. Thank God for the cut through! When will this project be done?

Check out my weather Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SouthwestOhioWeather

If you are looking to get in shape visit:
www.anytimefitness.com/gyms/1662/monroe-oh-45050
or shoot me an email!

John Beagle
Advanced Member

USA
16025 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 08/28/2007 :  2:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit John Beagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Which section of Toddhunter? Cin-Day to Yankee to Rt4?

"I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" #BillCosby
Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 08/28/2007 :  3:31:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Between the work on Todhunter and the curb and driveway apron work the city levied on its citizens, I can hardly get out of the hood.

Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
Go to Top of Page

zubrU2
Average Member

862 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 08/28/2007 :  4:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I agree about the mess and inconvenience. Since the road was crumbling prior to this, and the former repairs done a year or so ago turned into frost heave speed-bumps, does anyone know if it will be re-paved anytime soon?
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 08/29/2007 :  10:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by John Beagle[/i]
[br]Which section of Toddhunter? Cin-Day to Yankee to Rt4?

They are now in front of Whispering Oaks down to Dorthy Lane I think.

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 08/31/2007 :  11:09:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

We must have a French contractor working this project since this is two Fridays in a row no one worked. "Get er done" ................. eventually.

Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 10/08/2007 :  10:35:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Well they are moving very slowly on this project and the road itself is a mess. Especially between Yankee and the Whispering Oaks subdivision. There are several pot holes already and the road is very rough to drive on. Wait till winter and the salt does its dirty work can't even imagine how bad that road will be come January and February. Any else in the boat with me that this road is a hazard for your car right now.
Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 10/08/2007 :  10:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

As I said in another thread, I stopped going west bound. This is ugly. I can finally get to the school but it does little good as I have to go back up 63 to 4 or the cut through in Whispering Oaks. They can't leave this road in this shape? I don't no whom is responsible, but it needs to be ironed out and fixed and soon!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 10/08/2007 :  10:52:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by blueblood[/i]
[br]As I said in another thread, I stopped going west bound. This is ugly. I can finally get to the school but it does little good as I have to go back up 63 to 4 or the cut through in Whispering Oaks. They can't leave this road in this shape? I don't no whom is responsible, but it needs to be ironed out and fixed and soon!!!!!!!!

Yes I may speak at the council meeting about this issue. One problem is I have to attend a training at work that may go past 630.
Go to Top of Page

zubrU2
Average Member

862 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 10/08/2007 :  3:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Anyone notice the water spewing from some spout on the corner of Todhunter and Rte. 4 today around 12-1 p.m.? It wasn't attached to a house and I didn't notice a work crew nearby. Just curious.

I feel sorry for the people that live directly on Todhunter. The condition of this road is making Yankee from Todhunter to Oxford-State look pretty good!
Go to Top of Page

HBG
Advanced Member

USA
7054 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 10/08/2007 :  4:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

That's pretty bad zubrU2

My dad used to say, 'You wouldn't worry so much about what people thought about you if you knew how seldom they did.
Phil McGraw
Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 10/08/2007 :  5:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by zubrU2[/i]
[br]Anyone notice the water spewing from some spout on the corner of Todhunter and Rte. 4 today around 12-1 p.m.? It wasn't attached to a house and I didn't notice a work crew nearby. Just curious.

I feel sorry for the people that live directly on Todhunter. The condition of this road is making Yankee from Todhunter to Oxford-State look pretty good!

Your right, Yankee to Oxford State is a lot better than it used to be. I have even gone that way a couple times when I said I would never!!! Its all perspective.

Go to Top of Page

zubrU2
Average Member

862 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/01/2007 :  2:14:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Eureka! Found what I was looking for!!! (Thanks Adam and Steve )

Anyone hear anything new about fixing the mess on Todhunter?
Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/01/2007 :  3:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some patching has been done.

Go to Top of Page

zubrU2
Average Member

862 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/01/2007 :  4:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Is this a photo of PRE-patch or POST-patch? I drive on the road (albeit as little as possible) everyday, and it's kind of hard to tell the patched from the unpatched.
Go to Top of Page

KELLIEB

USA
133 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/01/2007 :  8:33:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

It's a mess. Especially if you are trying to get out of your driveway and getting kids off to school.
the construction workers are not even taking in consideration the buses.
it's dusty and isn't for the fire hydrants?s
Go to Top of Page

zubrU2
Average Member

862 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/01/2007 :  10:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by KELLIEB[/i]
[br]It's a mess. Especially if you are trying to get out of your driveway and getting kids off to school.
the construction workers are not even taking in consideration the buses.
it's dusty and isn't for the fire hydrants?s

Really? What is this destruction for then? This is the first I've heard of this!
Go to Top of Page

bb1

Oman
1627 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/01/2007 :  10:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bb1's MSN Messenger address  Send bb1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

They are putting in pipes for an as of unknown reason.

Drug pipeline maybe? BadumPSH?
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/01/2007 :  11:02:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

The road is a hazard and dangerous for your car. This needs to be addressed to whoever is overseeing this operation.

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

zubrU2
Average Member

862 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/02/2007 :  09:33:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Does anyone know who that would be? Is it a city or county project, or what? Looks like a school project!
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Ursosju25[/i]
[br]The road is a hazard and dangerous for your car. This needs to be addressed to whoever is overseeing this operation.

Go to Top of Page

zubrU2
Average Member

862 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/02/2007 :  09:39:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

There was quite the police chase down Todhunter last evening. Maybe it will get properly repaired when we have to start replacing city vehicles.
quote:
[br]The road is a hazard and dangerous for your car. This needs to be addressed to whoever is overseeing this operation.

Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/07/2007 :  11:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

News that I did not want to hear. From a source I have found out that the city itself has ran out of money to pay the company to finish the waterline. Please correct me if I am wrong. They will not go down the hill and also the road cannot repaved till the waterline is done and they won't countinue this till next summer and the road itself may not be repaved till 2009. I really hope my source was wrong but I just wanted to get this out there and for some to either deny or confirm what I just said. Again people don't take this as the gospel until its confirmed!

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

Instigator

3230 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/07/2007 :  11:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[br]News that I did not want to hear. From a source I have found out that the city itself has ran out of money to pay the company to finish the waterline. Please correct me if I am wrong. They will not go down the hill and also the road cannot repaved till the waterline is done and they won't countinue this till next summer and the road itself may not be repaved till 2009. I really hope my source was wrong but I just wanted to get this out there and for some to either deny or confirm what I just said. Again people don't take this as the gospel until its confirmed!

Im glad I don't have go that way. Thanks for the info Urso
Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/08/2007 :  07:02:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Water was seeping from the road at the residential joints on west end of Todhunter election Tuesday. Mud and water trashed my SUV. Looked like I had been off roding!! Urso, I hope that is a rumor, but I haven't seen much activity lately. You would think that would be a fixed price to complete the work and the city would have allotted the funding.

Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/08/2007 :  09:04:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Yeap you would think. I am sure I will be updated fully at the next council meeting. If not I will ask the man that is suppose to be charge of this project.

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

Tom B

5357 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/08/2007 :  2:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tom B's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

They are testing the system and doing fire hydrant flow today to flush and sanitize the system. It should be better in a few days. It is the only way to be ready to use the system unless you really want to drink nasty water.

As for money, when the city fiscal crunch was on, the water district was the only one overfunded, so I would be surprised if it is a money issue.

Question, assuming there is money still there, since the water system screwed up the road, can water money be used to fix it?

Tom Birdwell

Opinions written here are mine alone, and may not reflect the views of other board members.

Go to Top of Page

dustbunny1981

201 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/08/2007 :  6:24:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

I drive Todhunter every day...one of the crew who i talk to while waiting stated that Monroe had "run out of money" to finish the job and that they would be back in the spring, but will probably work until Mid December
Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/08/2007 :  10:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by dustbunny1981[/i]
[br]I drive Todhunter every day...one of the crew who i talk to while waiting stated that Monroe had "run out of money" to finish the job and that they would be back in the spring, but will probably work until Mid December

Bob or any other city employees want to address this? Or will I have to address this Tuesday? The road is simply horrible and its bad for your car so please address this ASAP!

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kelley
Advanced Member

USA
6900 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/08/2007 :  11:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Bob Kelley an AOL message  Send Bob Kelley a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

This is completely false, I have no clue who told you that but it is not accurate. The water line has to be finished before ANY blacktop repairs can be made. They are not done digging in the road as of yet as taps have to be installed into the new water line after the testing is complete.

Our people were meeting with the construction company to get the final schedule, I will post that information asap.

Please if you have questions email me directly

quote:
[br]News that I did not want to hear. From a source I have found out that the city itself has ran out of money to pay the company to finish the waterline. Please correct me if I am wrong. They will not go down the hill and also the road cannot repaved till the waterline is done and they won't countinue this till next summer and the road itself may not be repaved till 2009. I really hope my source was wrong but I just wanted to get this out there and for some to either deny or confirm what I just said. Again people don't take this as the gospel until its confirmed!

Email Me
City of Monroe web site
Planning Commission Info
Signup for email alerts
SmileyCentral.com
Go to Top of Page

murn89

471 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/08/2007 :  11:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Send murn89 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Bob Kelley[/i]
[br]This is completely false, I have no clue who told you that but it is not accurate. The water line has to be finished before ANY blacktop repairs can be made. They are not done digging in the road as of yet as taps have to be installed into the new water line after the testing is complete.

Our people were meeting with the construction company to get the final schedule, I will post that information asap.

Please if you have questions email me directly

quote:

That's a relief! Thanks for clearing that up.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kelley
Advanced Member

USA
6900 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/08/2007 :  11:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Bob Kelley an AOL message  Send Bob Kelley a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

BTW Steve, Thanks for bringing this to my attention. *insert round of applause here*

Email Me
City of Monroe web site
Planning Commission Info
Signup for email alerts
SmileyCentral.com
Go to Top of Page

Brandy

USA
5722 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/08/2007 :  11:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter won't mind. And those who mind, don't matter."
Go to Top of Page

No money

2236 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/09/2007 :  12:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

This road has been a mess even before they began the water line work, after this work is done will they repave at least from Main to Yankee. I don't mean "patch" It has needed "repaved for a looooong time.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Kelley
Advanced Member

USA
6900 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/09/2007 :  12:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Bob Kelley an AOL message  Send Bob Kelley a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

It will be given a rough top coat to last through the winter and re-paved next year when the bridge replacement is finished. It will be better by winter and right next year.

Email Me
City of Monroe web site
Planning Commission Info
Signup for email alerts
SmileyCentral.com
Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/09/2007 :  12:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Thanks Bob. Hey, NO money. A lot more people live on the other end of Todhunter and it has been a lot worse for a lot longer there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Ursosju25
Advanced Member

7981 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/26/2007 :  4:41:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Here I go again. The road has gotten worse over the past week and there are NO signs on them being done and there is the threat of wintry weather in the next week. What is the game plan right now?

Could a council member please look into what the heck is going on and when this will be done. The road is a hazard to drive on and can damage your car. If that were to happen I think the city or the company should be responsible for the damages to your car. I am sure many don't care but if you drive on this road you would really care and see how bad of shape this road is in. Why did this project need to be done in the fall? The common person would think this would be a great project for the spring then they could repave the road in the summer. Now that you did this project in the Fall and the season that comes after Fall is winter and you cannot repave roads in the winter. Such poor planning on whoever planned this. There I am done!

or shoot me an email!
Go to Top of Page

bigben07

USA
2185 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/26/2007 :  9:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit bigben07's Homepage  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

go around
Go to Top of Page

Les Lofton
Average Member

1212 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/26/2007 :  9:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by BigBen07[/i]
[br]go around

Or go fishin

It's almost worth the Great Depression, to learn how little our big men know.
-Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Fyre_Fly

58 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/26/2007 :  11:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

Didn't the paper recently inform us that Monroe is looking to realign the zip codes in your area? Your neighborhood has a Middletown 45044 zip code and "who" really is paying for the repairs? Main street Monroe or sub-street Middletown. I gather that Monroe is losing $20,000 per year due to technical difficulties in zip code zonings.
Go to Top of Page

blueblood

USA
5167 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/26/2007 :  11:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Fyre_Fly[/i]
[br]Didn't the paper recently inform us that Monroe is looking to realign the zip codes in your area? Your neighborhood has a Middletown 45044 zip code and "who" really is paying for the repairs? Main street Monroe or sub-street Middletown. I gather that Monroe is losing $20,000 per year due to technical difficulties in zip code zonings.

Changing zip codes is like altering earth rotation and tilt. There's no rhyme or reason to the zip codes in this general area. There are people south of Monroe with middletown zips and Middletown is really in Franklin. Go figure.

Middletown doesn't fix streets unless they are downtown. (Sorry, couldn't resist that one)

Back to Todhunter Road!!!!!! Is this groundhog day. Its been three months and it only gets worse and longer. Blacktop people are going to shut down soon and we will be stuck with this all winter!!!!!! Where did we get these contractors. Gas is too high to continue driving around this mess.

Go to Top of Page

No money

2236 Posts

Thumbs Up This Post
Posted - 11/27/2007 :  2:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote Report Abuse

[quote][i]Originally posted by blueblood[/i]
[br]Thanks Bob. Hey, NO money. A lot more people live on the other end of Todhunter and it has been a lot worse for a lot longer there!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree but at least we know it will be good next spring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:
The Voice
Counterfeits at the Flea Market Again
NEW VOICE FORUM
Voter fraud may not actually happen...
A Night of Praise